What's new

Any news on the Macgyver TV movies? (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Paramount released 4 seasons last year and 3 this year to complete the series, but they've neglected to release the TV movies. WHY!?!? Any news on this?

LCD22

Screenwriter

Sadly there is no news. There's also no word on Richard Dean Anderson's short-lived "Legend" series, which co-starred John de Lancie and was co-created by the late Michael Piller. The MacGyver-Star Trek connection alone should've gotten this series released by now.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yes it still pisses me off to no end (love that line in big trouble in little china) that they didn't include them with the final season. I also waiting on tv movies for the pretender aswell maybe if they come out and sell well, paramount would follow suit who knows.

LCD22

Screenwriter

This is getting monotonous. It takes very little resources for Paramount to slap the unedited made-for-TV movies onto a separate release. This is a huge and growing cult series that would like to have these in better quality than our worn out tapes from 1994.

Let me please finish my favorite series, Paramount.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am still waiting for them tv-movies aswell! It is ashame the people who were committed to buying releases all along and supported the show get screwed.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Is there any chance of getting this issue rectified in the near future for "MacGyver"?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I figured we'd get this late last year or early this year.

Enough time has passed where all the diehard fans that were fanatical enough to double dip and rebuy 95% of the series to get the last little bit have made those purchases, and now CBS can scavenge the last sales from those that were unwilling or unable to double dip.

Perhaps they might even get a few complete series buyers that hung on to their individual season releases to double dip with the movies just to get rid of the packaging (Unfamiliar with it, but it seems most complete series collections place form over function and aren't well liked).

Does Murdock make an appearance in either movie (The episdoes he's part of were some of my favorites)? I was unaware of this series during it's original run and just discovered it over the past 5 years, and the two tv movies don't ever seem to be in the syndication packages that networks like TVLand and Slueth have aired.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

Does Murdock make an appearance in either movie (The episdoes he's part of were some of my favorites)? I was unaware of this series during it's original run and just discovered it over the past 5 years, and the two tv movies don't ever seem to be in the syndication packages that networks like TVLand and Slueth have aired.
Murdoc doesn't appear in these TV movies.

"Lost Treasure of Atlantis" and "Trail to Doomsday" have never been shown (in the States) or made available online outside of their 1994 ABC broadcasts.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The story has been updated with package art now, for those who are interested. Same link as before, but here it is again:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/MacGyver-The-TV-Movies/13437

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by David Lambert

The story has been updated with package art now, for those who are interested. Same link as before, but here it is again:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/MacGyver-The-TV-Movies/13437
Thanks again Dave. Nice cover artwork.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Thanks for the news..this is a nice little surprise.. I was not expecting to see this announced. I fell into that category of refusing to buy that complete set just for the TV-Movies & was not about to go and sell off the single-season releases to enable myself to do that. So much like this week having (Matt Houston & Scarecrow and Mrs. King) a couple 80's gems released. June 8th is shaping up nicely as well, now with Mac along with Tales of the Gold Monkey.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I sent an e-mail to CBS/Paramount thanking them for releasing MacGyver: The TV Movies and requesting for Richard Dean Anderson's post-MacGyver series, "Legend", to be followed-up next. (I'm including my letter here also in case this thread is being monitored in anyway.) If anyone is interested in doing the same, their e-mail, mailing address, and phone number is listed below:

PHE_CustomerService @ Paramount.com

5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

323-956-5000

(If any of the above is incorrect, please let me know.)

Thank you for responding to the demand for a separate release of the "MacGyver" TV movies. I also would like to request that Richard Dean Anderson's 1995 short-lived UPN series, "Legend", which also starred John de Lancie and "Monk's" Jarrad Paul, be brought out to the market next. The popularity of both Mr. Anderson and Mr. de Lancie should be more than enough to cover the expense of this, and would certainly attract those who missed out on it in its initial 13-episode run and subsequent runs on TV Land. There's a song from the Crash Test Dummies featured in the episode "The Life, Death and Life of Wild Bill Hickok" I hope we'll see included.

Please pass along that a complete and uncut DVD release for "Legend" would be most desired. And once again, my sincerest thanks for the release of "MacGyver: The TV Movies" for those who faithfully purchased the prior seven season box sets of "MacGyver".

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks