What's new

Any news on the long-awaited Nikon D400 yet? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have never purchased anything from KEH, but I have sold a few lenses to them. They have been a very reputable outfit whenever I have dealt with them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the input, Scott.

Yeah, think I may have bought a used MF lens or two (probably Nikon macro lenses) from KEH before -- forget now. They definitely seem to be one of the (biggest and) most reputable dealers for used photo gear and are listed as Nikon authorized dealer. They also do repairs w/ Nikon parts (although I thought I came across some quib that indicated Nikon might no longer provide them parts now). When I asked them on Amazon marketplace (about the refurbed D800), they told me they might opt to do the repairs themselves after the 90-day Nikon refurb warranty expires w/in their own 1-year warranty period for refurbs -- they normally offer 180-day warranty for used items. So that's probably better than typical offers for refurbed gear, which makes the ~$150 diff (from the other eBay option I considered) even more marginal as a factor.

So I'm just gonna order the refurbed D800 from KEH via eBay now before my eBay coupon expires tonight. :D Doubt I'll get a better deal for a refurbed D800 for the forseeable future...

Thanks again, y'all, for all the input on this purchase...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks