1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Outer Limits Season 2 and more of the new series???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Jan 29, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Just wondering if their has been any news/rumors regarding a season 2 release of the original and season sets of the new series?

2. Randy Schissler

Randy Schissler Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything, but surely something will be happening by Q3.

--Randy S.

3. Alex Bradbury

Alex Bradbury Member

I'm looking forward to season 2, I imported season 1 from America for £29.99, and that's about 27 hours worth of classic sci-fi, pretty good price I thought [​IMG] I'm not very interested in the new series of the Outer Limitd though, I didn't like it much.

4. Jay E

Jay E Well-Known Member

My guess is August 03 when they release the next batch of Midnite movies.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Well-Known Member

When I posted about this in Studio Feedback, one respondent made a good point: Note that the box for the first season features the words "Volume One." Where there's a Volume One surely a Volume Two must be in the offing.

6. Alex Bradbury

Alex Bradbury Member

Well yes it confirms that a volume 2 is planned, but if sales were poor they may not go through with it. I honestly have no lcue how well it sold, but I think volume 2 is quite likely.

7. Scott_J

Scott_J Well-Known Member

Relax, guys. Didn't MGM take a year (or more) to release Stargate SG-1 season 2 after season 1's release? They may take a similar length of time to release TOL S2. That would put the release somewhere in Q3 '03, I believe. i also am awaiting S2's release and expect it to be released, just not so soon.

8. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Well-Known Member

9. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoyed some episodes of the new outer limits, I would love to see some news myself.

10. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Well-Known Member

I think I remember reading somewhere (Video Watchdog? I dunno) that MGM was pleasantly surprised by the sales on this and thus a volume 2 is very likely. No idea when, though. I'd rather they take the time to do it right. I still haven't made it all the way through box 1 in any event. [​IMG]

11. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Well-Known Member

It could be argued that Volume One wasn't "done right," though. Despite the soft picture and dreadful sound, however, this is one of the most-cherished sets in my library. What a joy to see some of these episodes again after far too long a time (a few I haven't seen since the '60s).

And to think: The very best Outer Limits episode of them all, the Harlan Ellison-scripted "Demon with a Glass Hand," would be in a second volume. MGM needs to release the entire series.

12. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

If & when it is released, I'll be buying in a NY minute.

13. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Well-Known Member

bob kaplan
    After reading the great news of the August MGM horror releases on another thread, i thought i would inquire of any further information of THE OUTER LIMITS (older show)....most of releases already listed are a definite purchase...and the final season of LIMITS would be extra candy in the treat bag...
    thanks MGM