What's new

Any news on Grease S.E? (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Ron,

your problem sounds very similar to the one people are having with the visual commentary feature on the Simpsons DVDs (see this thread). The difference is that in that case playback is also affected when the subtitles are off.

The Simpsons visual commentary wouldn't work properly on any of my stand alone players (two cheapies and a relatively expensive Pioneer). Now I've gotten my hand on a copy of the new Grease DVD and gave the Sing Along feature a spin: It only worked properly on one of my 3 players! (And no, it wasn't the Pioneer, it was one of the cheapies, an SEG player.)

It seems some players can't handle the amount of data the karaoke subtitle track uses.

EDIT: The reviewer at dvdverdict.com seems to experience the same problems with a "mid-range Sony model". It's the only review I could find that made any mention of the problem.

MielR,
For what it's worth, this seems to be a standard disclaimer Paramount uses on pretty much all their DVDs these days to cover their asses. I even saw it on the cover of "Nobody's Fool", and that DVD has no special features whatsoever, not even the theatrical trailer. :)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Now that you've mentioned the Simpsons: Season 8, I did have the same problem on the "A Bit From The Animators" but it was nowhere near as bad as the problem with Grease. The Simpsons trouble only lasted part way into the feature on disc 1 and I could understand and view it but with a slight pausing effect.

My newer player is a Philips and the brand was highly recommended to me. My older player, the one which Grease plays perfectly on, is a Samsung but it won't play DVDs like The Frighteners DC and Carlito's Way without freezing badly.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I finally heard the abomination that is the new doctored audio track. Good Lord....
It's ghastly. Who the hell mixed this...?!?!?
Using a little reverb is fine when a song starts but to slap on a TON of the worst sounding Karaoke machine quality reverb on every vocal is unbelievable.
Just jawdroppingly bad.

:frowning:

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the worst is backup singers added to Hopelessly Devoted to You! It's supposed to be a solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks