What's new

Any news on any TV Series yet? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The problem with some shows starting in the late 80s is that they were finished on tape. If the negatives were conformed and the sound edited, then only minor work would have to be done. But special effects shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation would have to redo their special effects. Even Seinfeld had to re-compose matte shots for the HD masters.

Any shows finished on film may need to be restored (and some could certainly stand an improvement in picture quality compared to the DVDs), but that's minor compared to what SD-finished film shows would need to do.

And if 4x3 shows are reframed for 16x9 you can forget about me buying them.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Battlestar G S1 (new series) is listed on Microsoft's site as a forthcoming HD-DVD title.

I also think SG-1 Atlantis was announced some time ago for BR.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hi paul,

meanwhile, you can rent it from netflix or borrow it from library or friend. trust me, it's worth watching OVER and OVER and OVER again. no regrets watching it HD or not. the story/character is very strong. i'd rush watching it instead of HD, which might not happen until 07, 08, 2010? i wouldn't be willing to wait that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks