What's new

Any News on Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 5? (1 Viewer)

TPWard

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Ward
I thought the first four seasons sold well enough...I would love to be able to complete a full set of this show through the Alfred Hitchcock Hour last season

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Since they came back with Season 4 last year after it looked like all had been abandoned, let's hope they'll keep going with it now. My money is ready for Season 5 and beyond. (Talking to you, Universal.)

TPWard

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Ward
That's what I keep hoping...there was a real pregnant pause between the release of Seasons 3 and 4...maybe they are toying with us...

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I wish Universal would just license it out to another studio, as I too would love to see this show complete on DVD, along with the three seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Hour.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I actually think I like The Alfred Hitchcock hour better. Maybe Timeless?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I'm thinking the success of Thriller -- from every indication i've read, it's been a good seller for image -- will spur on more AHP... In some ways they are cut from a similar cloth. Now how and who would we go to if we wanted to incite a 'release DuPont Show of the Month' Now! campaign?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I bought season 4 of AHP the day it was released and have been taking it SUPER slow to watch it because I knew it would be a while before we got the 5th season.

And where is the Third and FINAL season of NIGHT GALLERY? Season 2 was so good.

hitchcompanion

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrik Wikstrom
The first three seasons were released right about the 50th Anniversary of the TV airing, but for some reason they delayed season 4. Now it's almost a year since they released season 4 so appearantly season 5 will be even more delayed.

While you are waiting for Season 5 on DVD you might want to check out my book Alfred Hitchcock Presents Companion.

http://www.wikstromtree.org/_4film/hitch/hitch.html

Regards

.../Patrik Wikstrom

TPWard

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Ward
I have your book thanks Patrik...which of course only makes it harder to wait for the these delayed releases when I read about what I am missing !!

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Great book Patrik- It's been a reference for me for several years now- Had the pleasure of meeting Martin Grams this fall at the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention- Great guy! I too am awaiting a fifth season release!

MadmanTV

Grip
Real Name
Grant
Hi everyone,

I can confirm Madman Entertainment have Australian/NZ rights for Season 5 and beyond. Season 5 is slated for first half of 2011, just getting things together now.

Whilst we'd love to do one giant box of it all, unfortunately the market here can't sustain the high retail price it would require based on the number of discs.

Cheers

hitchcompanion

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrik Wikstrom
Me and Martin Grams are working on a revised edition of the book with a different publisher.

The photos will be done much better and many new additions and things will be added.

I have for one thing gone through the four DVD box sets, and added lots of small things about them.

So check that out in about a year or so.

Regards

.../ Patrik Wikstrom

Kruzer31

Agent
Real Name
Doug
Grant,

Thanks for the news on Madman Entertainment releasing season 5 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents in 2011. I have a multi region DVD player so that is no problem.

Are there any plans for any further seasons of Rawhide beyond season 4? Regarding season 4, is there a reason only 29 of the 30 episodes were included in the set. The final episode "Abilene"

was omitted. Thanks.

Trevtpir

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trevor
I hope there are American plans for the rest of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour. I'd like to see The Anniversary Gift starring a pre-MASH Harry Morgan.

MadmanTV

Grip
Real Name
Grant
Are there any plans for any further seasons of Rawhide beyond season 4? Regarding season 4, is there a reason only 29 of the 30 episodes were included in the set. The final episode "Abilene"

was omitted. Thanks.

In the case of Rawhide, Madman handles only sales and distribution on this one, ie, we don't own the license like other series we do, so therefore we did not produce the DVDs. Not sure what the issue may have been - perhaps a clearance problem.

Cheers

mikes4seasons

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael DeSouza
It is already a known fact that we can get all 4 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Seasons 1 through 4 have been available for enough time now, and I cannot understand what on earth is taking so long with making Season 5 available????The first 4 seasons sold very well, so you would think that they, I guess Universal Television, would want to come out with the next season relatively quickly! From what I can see, Season 5 has several of the stories that I have been really waiting for. "Specialty of the House" and "The Coo Coo Clock" are just 2 of my favorites that are in Season 5. The actors in both are really great, including Pat Hitchcock, and the English actor in "Specialty of the House" who plays Mr. Lafler. I just can't wait for Season 5 to be made available. I really want to buy the collection with "all" the seasons included. It sells for over $100.00 on some websites I have seen. I don't know the quality though, or who makes it. I think if Universal had it available, we would have seen it by now. I welcome questions and comments please! mikes4seasons

mikes4seasons

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael DeSouza
To: Tom Ward I found a few websites that sell the entire collection of AHP, including all the seasons and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. There are 8 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and 3 seasons of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, which is also great. It sells for over $100.00. I just don't know what the quality is and who makes it; but, it is out there. Just google Alfred Hitchcock Presents - all seasons.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Actually, there were 7 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. What you're talking about there are bootlegs, and we're not supposed to talk about them here. :)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Complete Sixth Season (5 Discs) is available for DVD pre-order, with a release date of Wednesday 16th November (source: Madman's website).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks