What's new

Any News About the Fox Marquee Musicals Series (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Would love to see With a Song in My Heart, but I understand that is buried under TONS of music rights problems.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

How does that happen? Is it because the legal clearances they get to use the songs for theatrical release does not give them rights to distribute the songs on any other format?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
simon, yuo are quite right. Hardly any new songs were written for this film. Theyu were all old standards licensed for the film but not for any other format.

Corey

Screenwriter

would love to have a with a song in my heart and if didn't have so many music rights problems it probably would've been out. i remember amc always used to show it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, WITH A SONG IN MY HEART doesn't show up on the Fox Movie Channel now either. I've been looking for it.

Can't understand why Betty Grable's most popular film, MOTHER WORE TIGHTS, wasn't among the first of her films released on DVD. Are there rights issues with it, too? At least it does pop up on the FMC, and I've burned by own DVD-R of it.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Fox really slowed down the classic announcementes for the second half of 2006.
I was expecting to see The Gang's All Here and Hello Frisco Hello soon, as there were rumours that they were in the pipeline.
But now, who knows, not even the next batches for The Film noir and Shirley Temple collections were announced.
I really don't know what's happening with Fox but I really do hope they fix t soon, since there are tons of classic titles yet to be released.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I understood from another thread that the Grable box didn't sell well at all, so that makes me think we may not get these for some time. (Fox took its time when the first season of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW didn't sell well; they waited a couple of years, reduced the price, and the box sold just fine.)

So, I'm not going to give up hope, but I'm not going to hold my breath for an imminent release either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.