What's new

Any news about Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Who cares about the T/L ones.

The first two seasons including the unedited ones are coming out 10/12/2004 by Paramount.

:D

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Ren and Stimpy Show, The - Stimpy, you eediot! They're putting us back on DVD! 2 whole seasons!
Posted by David Lambert
7/16/2004

Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Ren and Stimpy fans who missed out on last year's Time-Life offerings can rejoice! Paramount has quietly let retailers know that Ren and Stimpy - The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons will be available to sell in-stores on October 12!

Over 30 episodes will be present on this release: "Stimpy's Big Day", "The Big Shot", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: Robin Hoek", "Nurse Stimpy", "Space Madness", "The Boy Who Cried 'Rat!'", "Fire Dogs", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: The Littlest Giant", "Marooned", "Untamed World", "Black Hole", "Stimpy's Invention", "In the Army", "Powdered Toastman", "Ren's Toothache", "Big House Blues", "Out West", "Rubber Nipple Salesmen", "Sven Hoek", "Mad Dog Hoek", "Haunted House", "Big Baby Scam", "Dog Show", "Son of Stimpy", "Monkey See, Monkey Don't", "Fake Dad", "The Great Outdoors", "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball", "Stimpy's Fan Club", "A Visit to Anthony", and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen".
follow link for rest...

*NOW* David! You must find out if these will be the 'unedited' versions! ('specially PTM and "Big House Blues")

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm all over this!!! I used to watch this show constantly when it used to air on MuchMusic here in Canada, before the FCC stepped in and pulled it.

I haven't seen it since my teenage years, so I wonder if I'd still enjoy it as much now. As for extras, I would've liked to have seen the music video: "The Royal Anthem of the Kilted Yaksmen".........

Our Country wreaks of trees
Our yaks are really large
And they smell like rotting beef carcasses
And we have to clean up after them
And our saddle soars are the best
We proudly wear woman's clothing
And searing sand blows up our skirts
And the buzzards, they soar overhead
And poisonous snakes will devour us whole
Our bones will bleach in the sun
And we will probably go to hell
And that is our great reward
For being the-uh Ro-yal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen

Perhaps we'll see it on a future set, or maybe an easter egg??

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh man I'm so happy to hear this!!!! And just in time for my birthday (October 16)....I can't wait!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Something else that would make it worthwhile is if these turn out to be the completely unedited versions of each short.
IF, IF, IF! I never said "were", I said "IF"!!

At this time I don't know either way. If I find out something for sure, I'll clearly say so.

In the meantime, the fact that Paramount is bringing these out at all is a very good news post for me. My wife adores the show; it's among her most favorite things to watch. She's been impersonating Ren all morning in anticipation! Thanks,

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I will be picking this up for sure.

Glad I got rid of the Timelife ones. They wont be worth a drop of sap once this news hits.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I've got the Time Life set, and I'll still be buying this.

I love Mad Dog Hoek, Haunted House, and the Royal Canadien Kilted Yaksmen, some of my all time favorites. I also like the hair ball episode.

Good stuff, can't wait.

Lino Reno

Stunt Coordinator
If these turn out to be the edited ones, I'm DEFINITELY NOT BUYING and encourage everyone to do so!

Don't get me wrong - I want to own these shows just like everyone who's ever had the pleasure of watching them on TV, but Paramount MUST get them right!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Did you one else like Adult Party Cartoon on Spike?

I wonder if that has any chance of coming out, if Stripperela can still be on, certinaly Ren and Stimpy could still be on.

Ryan

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Kinda off topic but do you think if Ren & Stimpy sold well that Paramount might put out other Nick shows? I despretly want Are You Afraid of the Dark but I know tyhere is a ton of other shows that need to be released.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I'll buy this only if they're the full 1/2 hour versions(opening theme, a 10 minute episode, then something like a log commercial or a moment with doctor Stupid, another 10 minute ep, a goodbye with Stimpy looking at his boggers or something, then end credits), which I assume you all mean by "uncut" and "unedited". Spike TV butchered the classic episodes when they showed them, they wouldn't even play out the whole opening most of the time.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
No sign of "Man's Best Friend", the George Liquor episode Nick refused to air - it did play on Spike along with the uncensored "Big House Blues" during the Adult Party Cartoon series (managed to record that one and put them on DVD for myself)

"Leave everything to me!":D

John*P

Second Unit
DavisDVD.com says the episodes will be "uncut and remastered". Whether or not this is true...I dunno.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I really hope these include all the short 30 second bridging segments with Mr. Horse, Ask Stimpy, the Log commercials and Muddy Mudskipper, etc...

I also hope that we eventually see Seasons 3 & 4 released if this sells well, as some of my favorite episodes were featured...

01 - To Salve and Not to Salve
02 - A Yard Too Far *
03 - Circus Midgets
04 - No Pants Today
05 - Ren's Pecs *
06 - An Abe Divided *
07 - Stimpy's Cartoon Show
08 - Lair of the Lummox *
09 - Jiminy Lummox
10 - Bass Masters
11 - Ren's Retirement *
12 - Jerry the Bellybutton Elf
13 - Road Apples
14 - Hard Times for Haggis
15 - A Friend in Your Face
16 - Ren's Bitter Half
17 - Hermit Ren
18 - House of Next Tuesday
19 - Eat My Cookies
20 - Blazing Entrails
21 - Lumber Jerks *
22 - PreHistoric Stimpy *
23 - Farm Hands *
24 - Magical Singing Golden Cheeses
25 - Hard Day's Luck
26 - I Love Chicken
27 - PTM vs. Waffle Woman
28 - It's A Dog's Life
29 - Egg Yolkeo
30 - Double Header
31 - Scotsman in Space
32 - Pixie King
33 - Aloha Hoek
34 - Insomaniac Ren *
35 - My Shiny Friend
36 - Cheese Rush Days
37 - Weiner Barons
38 - Galoot Wranglers
39 - Ren Needs Help!
40 - Superstitious Stimpy
41 - Travelogue

I've never seen any of the remaining episodes, but I'd still buy a DVD set of Season 5 to finnish the series too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks