What's new

Any news about Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought that since the new shows begin tonight on TNN it would be nice to have the classics on disc. Any news as to these coming out on DVD?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was wondering about this myself but you beat me to it! I'd love the classic episodes on DVD so I can chuck my crummy copies taped off TV. Also, their was a Ripping Friends disk released, but no word on any others.

Heck, I want ALL JOHN K. CARTOONS ON DVD! UNCUT!

Someone start a petition!:D

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
What I've read is that it's up to TNN to decide whether to do Ren & Stimpy dvd's, so if the new show is a hit we might have a good chance of seeing that.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Did everyone stay tuned after all the new TNN cartoons last night? Becaues at 1130 they showed Classic Ren and Stimpy. Last night was space madness!

"We are no longer hitchhiking! We are riding!"

"It is not I who am crazy! It is I who am mad!"

CraigCA

Auditioning
Best of Ren & Stimpy, episodes from Season 1 and 2
are available for pre-order at Time-Life.com
Comes out next week, Sept. 15th!

CB

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
DVD #1

Sven Hoek, Dog Show and Rubber Nipple Salesman -- 14 Cartoons in All

Log From "Blammo" * Stimpy's Big Day * Breakfast Tips * The Big Shot * What'll We Do 'Til Then "Gritty Kitty" * New Log Products * Rubber Nipple Salesman * Action Log * Sven Hoek, Pt. 1 * Gritty Kitty Litter * Sven Hoek, Pt. 2 * What'll We Do 'Til Then "Blow Yourself Up Like a Balloon" * Dog Show * Powdered Toastman * Bonus Sing-Along: " Muddy Mudskipper Theme"

DVD #2
Out West, Untamed World and Fire Dogs -- 14 Cartoons in All

Beautiful Hair Log * Fire Dogs * Ask Dr. Stupid "Why School?" * The Little Giant * What'll We Do 'Til Then "Chase Tail" * Out West * Marooned * My Little Brother Doll * Ask Dr. Stupid "One Hump or Two?" * Untamed World * What'll We Do 'Til Then "Croco Stimpy" * The Boy Who Cried Rat * Yak Shaving Day * Big House Blues * Bonus Sing-Along: "The Lord Loves A Hangin"

DVD#3
Space Madness, In the Army and Stimpy's Inventions -- 14 Cartoons in All

High Fashion Log * Black Hole * Stimpy's Invention * Ren's Toothache * Powdered Toastman * Robin Hoek * Secret Membership Oath * Nurse Stimpy * What'll We Do 'Til Then "Magic Nose Goblins" * The Great Outdoors * Space Madness * Sugar Frosted Milk * In the Army * Ask Dr. Stupid "Where Have You Bean?" * Bonus Sing-Along: "Happy Happy Joy Joy"

SEEMs to be all the best eps.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
This will tide me over until something else comes along. Thanks for the information! They'll gladly sit next to my Time-Life Beavis & Butthead discs. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Already ordered! Already let the world know about it the best way I can. Already thanked CraigCA in print for passing the word. I'll do that part again...thanks man! I'll get lots of love from my wife for letting her sing the Happy Happy Joy Joy song again! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Thanks for the Heads Up guys! Does anyone know when these actually ship?

I still wish we'd get season sets but at least they are the majority of get toons and they have the Log and other toons as well. Much better than the Spike Butcher Jobs.

And thank god no "Adult R&S" god those have been awful.

P.S. "Don't Whiz on the electric fence!"

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
9/15. Note that the status says "backordered" right now, but that probably just reflects the unreleased status. They've done that in the past.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
How's the quality of their DVD releases I've never purchased anything from them before. I'll tell you I'm also tempted by the Muppet Show.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Boy, do those quotes bring back memories :) I have never laughed so hard at a cartoon as I did the first time I saw the original (6?) R&S episodes. The ones they did after that just weren't the same.

I made my friends sit through Inspector Gadget, Doug, and Rugrats after an all night party just to show them this great show (I couldn't remember exactly when it was on). They ALL loved it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you guys should sign up for their newsletter. every coupleof months they send out a coupon that is usually at mininum 10%off.

the most recent was 10%off and freee shipping.
they are about due to send out another one.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
According to the R&S Encyclopedia, this seems to contain everything from season 1 and the entire first half of season 2. Here's what's missing from season 2:

Haunted House
Mad Dog Höek
The Big Baby Scam
Son Of Stimpy
Monkey See, Monkey Don't
Fake Dad
The Cat Who Laid The Golden Hairball
Stimpy's Fan Club
Bumper: Oath Of Servitude
Ren Höek, Ace Reporter: Mr. Horse Returns
Visit To Anthony
World Crisis With Mr. Horse (S-O-C-K-S)
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
Sugar Sod Pops

Considering how thoroughly it covers season 1, I wouldn't be surprised if these appear on a second set to cover the rest of season 2 and season 3.

I'm buying this, but I hope Time-Life does issue another set to fill in the gaps.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
hmmm. I just recorded most of those to DVD from the recent TNN/Spike broadcasts, and I have the rest on good VHS recordings. Normally Id pounce on these, but I already have 90% of them in great quality recordings.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
"IIII'M the cat....."

A great friend once made Civil War Log for me as a Christmas present - Came with rifle, shoulder bandage and everything... In my dorm for over a year, but had to explain it to most all visitors....

God love Time Life for rekindling all my good college memories - First the Great Cornholio, now Mr. Horse, Log, and cousin Sven....

Oh, joy....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks