What's new

Any New Paramount Catalog Titles for 2006? (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Well, I read through this thread to see if "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse" would be mentioned (it is, only briefly in a list of Paramount films unreleased on DVD) and it occured to me that it is not Paramount holding up this DVD release or any future "Godfather" releases. I believe that, like LucasFilm, American Zoetrope actually has control over most of their films. When (if) "Hearts of Darkness" or any re-edited "Godfather" films are to be released on DVD, it is my understanding that it is American Zoetrope that makes the decision and produces the DVD release, and then (in these two cases) Paramount merely handles the manufacture and distribution. I only own the "Godfather" trilogy, both "Apocalypse Now" releases and "The Conversation" on DVD but each one has a credits page that makes it apparant that they do all the authoring, the transfer, etc. in-house. If you want to see "Hearts of Darkness" or "The Godfather: A Novel For Television" (which isn't an accurate representation of the novel anyway because the "Young Vito Corleone" content appeared late in the book and was heavily expanded by Coppola, not to mention all the "sequel" stuff which was an original story made specifically for the second movie, but I digress) I recommend hounding American Zoetrope, not Paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks