What's new

Any new info on a Home Alone rerelease? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I had asked Mr. Staddon about this title for last Christmas. His reply was not this year, maybe next year. So I was wondering if any new info has come out about a SE of the first movie. Needless to say the picture on the current one is lacking. Home Alone is one of Fox's highest grossing movies. Hopefully it will be given the same treatment that other Fox titles are being given now.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I remember hearing that a SE was likely for Christmas 2002 (same time frame given for a "Big" SE which has been pushed back) at the Fox chat, though I doubt it is still planned to make this holiday season. The movie is annual holiday viewing in this household, and it has that John Hughes/Chris Columbus family comedy charm, which makes it enjoyable despite the fact that it's cool to hate it. The two sequels really don't hold up very well, compared to the original. (Actually, I passed on the third one, so that is an assumption.)
Home Alone certainly deserves better DVD treatment though, as the picture quality looks like VHS. Anamorphic would be great, and a 5.1 remix would be nice, with deleted scenes, outtakes, documentary, commentary, trailers and TV ads, etc. The works! :D
Seems like comedies rarely get the types of DVD releases that other genres do, like Action and Horror. Obviously, there's not going to be things like Makeup and Special Effects, but for a film that grossed as much as HA, a better DVD release in time for the holidays would sell well and I'd definitely buy.
Maybe Mr. Staddon can update us on the status of this one.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My wife keeps on putting this on her Christmas list and I keep quoting the poor reviews of the original release, saying that there will soon be a reissue. So, anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Neil

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
This year just another repackage (just 3 movies) as Home Alone: "The Caper Collection". Otherwise all available individually in their original DVD releases

Jonathan_

Second Unit
You would think with how Fox seems to love rereleases that they would put out a new edition of Home Alone.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I'm dying for a nice version of this. Come on Fox, this is one of the few titles I would double dip on!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just make it ANAMORPHIC and I will buy it. Hard to believe this title has not been re-released properly yet!

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
You would think with how Fox seems to love rereleases that they would put out a new edition of Home Alone.
This seems to only apply to new movies that already have alot of supplemental material. Perhaps their catalog titles are thin on bonus material.

I agree though, these movies (especially the first) deserve a re-release. Warner gave us a Christmas Story SE, why not Home Alone?

ZackR

Supporting Actor
It is really puzzling to me that they don't put out a decent SE for this film. I can see no logic behind not doing it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would LOVE LOVE for a SE to be released.

Get a JOhn Hughes/Chris Columbus/Culkin Commentary

ANAMORPHIC, 5.1/DTS?

Maybe even a Culkin/Pesci/Stern commentary would be cool.

Please have this for next Christmas

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Still can't believe this hasn't been released yet. Easily one of the best Christmas movies and a money maker for any studio.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I asked Peter about a rerelease of Home Alone over 5 years ago. He had said then that to ask him about it the folllowing Christmas and he would have good things to tell me or something to that effect. So I asked him the next year and got the same answer. So I just gave up on this ever being rereleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks