What's new

Any "Midnight Cowboy" 16x9 remaster??? (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Any coverart or any more news on this title? I saw this today and absolutely loved it. Great movie.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Obviously, Bill Hunt over at the Bits know something we don't ;) From today's edition:
First of all today, we're pleased to announce that The Digital Bits is returning to San Diego Comic-Con next month with DVD Producers 2005! Our annual panel discussion has been a big hit in past years, and we're working to make this year's event no exception. The panel will be held on Thursday, July 14th from Noon to 1:30 PM PDT, in room 6CDEF of the San Diego Convention Center. Todd and I will moderate the event, as always, and our panelists will include DVD producers Charles de Lauzirika (Alien Quadrilogy, Spider-Man 2, Kingdom of Heaven, Domino), JM Kenny (Midnight Cowboy: 35th Anniversary Edition, Stealth, An Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition)...

Jay*W

Second Unit
Perhaps they traded a year with Buena Vista's FATHER OF THE BRIDE: 15th Anniversary Edition? :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Damn, wish you hadn't said that. Now they'll see they screwed up and we'll have to wait until 2009 for the 40th Anniversary!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
December 1st is a thursday: New UK releases are on a monday.

MGM have obviously been working on a SE for this landmark classic, but something or someone has held them back in some way. Perhaps it started out as a 'modest' SE, but has slowly evolved into a more elaborate package. I am confident that we will see it this year.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Terrific if we do.

Heck, now throw in the (one year late) 30th Anniversary edition of Chinatown and I'm one happy camper.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
So any more info? The HMV link still works but does say Dec. 1st. Nothing on amazon for R1. Or amazon.uk for R2...
:)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
HMV is the only R2 etailer carrying it for pre-release; either it's another of their exclusives, or (more likely), a date was announced, Sony bought MGM and this was one of the pre-releases caught in the crossfire, and HMV simply moved it to Dec. 1 as a holding date.

We'll see in a couple of months...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Seeing as Criterion have licensed their Laserdisc commentary for The Unbearable Lightness of Being for Warner's 2-disc, I am hoping that Criterion has similarly licensed their Schlesinger commentary for Midnight Cowboy. They licensed the Scorsese commentary for Raging Bull to MGM, so fingers crossed.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Great timing. I've been eyeballing the current disc because I've never seen the movie. Now if they would just redo the Graduate.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
brandon i was just in here to say the sAME THing.

lets hope so.

and hopefully rumor has it willbe a good movie.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Wow, is February 21st going to be EXPENSIVE. 'Midnight Cowboy' along with 'All the President's Men', 'Network', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Better start saving now.

By the way, I wish they would update that schedule of upcoming DVDs. It's really lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks