1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any luck with Best Buy store price matching their online prices?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Marty M, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Marty M

Marty M Screenwriter

I went to our local BB today to purchase The Monkees: Season One using some gift certificates and the 10% off coupon. I was surprised to see the price is $78, apparently after Season 2 was released. I remember seeing Season 1 for $58.

I went to Best Buy's website and found the price for Season 1 listed as $59.99. Wanting to use my gift certificates I have to purchase it at the store. Has anyone been successful in getting the store to price match their own website?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

This is all I could find on their site about price matching...

Can you do an in store pickup & pay for it with a gift card?

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Does BB run their own website or is it powered by someone else (Target's is done through Amazon). If it's their own site, I think it sucks that they won't match their own price online.

4. Marty M

Marty M Screenwriter

BB's website is their own. So that is why it sucks that they have such a variation of price on the identical item.

5. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

A "separate company" yet you can place an order there & pick it up in the store. [​IMG]

6. dannyB

dannyB Stunt Coordinator

BB has the shadiest pricing policy. As was mentioned, the website usually has lower prices, but they won't price-match against it. Which really sucks because I ordered a couple item online and when they were delivered the digipak cases were messed up in the corners. I had to go to the store and exchange for a perfect, off-the-shelf copy.

They will not price-match competitors, either, unless you have a flyer. So forget about them beating CircuitCity's online prices - the sale must be featured in an ad. Once again, this is not good as CC has DVDs that are always priced cheaper than BB, so they aren't listed in the weekly flyer.

[​IMG]

7. Marty M

Marty M Screenwriter

I got the same bullshit answer when I went to my local BB. I don't mind if it is a couple of dollars difference, but the Monkees DVD set is $19 cheaper on-line. Since I wanted to use my gift certifcates, an in-store purchase was my only option.

After I use up these gift certificates I am going back to more honest etailers like Amazon, Digital Eyes, DeepDiscount, or DVD Empire.