What's new

Any HTF members AE700 owners? Impressions? Toronto area people? (1 Viewer)

Well you could always import it from the US, it would cost you about 2900-3000$CAD with shipping, taxes and duties.

I did that for the AE500 and it costed me about 2300$CAD with shipping and duties... A local store wanted to sell it to me a 4000$CAD, yeah sure!

You prepaid the shipping back and front to USA, there's no taxes and duties on warranty repair anyway.

I did check that but i think you can send it to a repair center in canada too, i've been lucky with all the electronic stuff i bought locally and internationally so far none have failed.

I mean it's still the double of the price! + 15% of taxes on that 4000$, i found that ridiculous. Centre Hifi here in Montreal sell the AE200 at 2300$CAD in a super spécial, yeah sure! With the .82$ exchange rate right now it's even more interesting.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
2001audiovideo was selling the AE200 for $1699.00 CDN. If you talk them down a hundred more or so, or even if not, thats a good safe bet for a first PJ if you don't want to spend over $2K and buy within Canada. I have a 200 and its a great first projector. The AE700 is looking cool though. I'm very seriously interested in upgrading.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have the Panasonic 500 and if the 700 is a little out of your price range, the 500 is a great deal. Brightness and contrast are a little better with the 700 but in a dark room, I think the two would look very similar. I am very pleased with the 500. HDTV looks great and DVDs look better than I ever thought possible on a large screen.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread