What's new

Any Equilibrium reviews? (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I'd refer to Fahrenheit 451, and opine that the action was fresher than the Matrix, and only something to COMPARE it to.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the Alliance-Atlantis version to be released in Canada on May 20 is the same as the version that was released in the U.S. on May 13? Or is there a known difference in PQ, supplements, etc.?

David Glenn

Second Unit
My 3rd blind buy for 2003 and a very pleasant surprise. The "Kill Bill" Trailer was just icing on the cake.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
did anyone else notice the disc spins really loud at the beginning of the movie? i have a pioneer DV-333. i assumed the disc spins loud because the data is near the center and the player has to spin the disc all that much faster. but most discs aren't like that even at the beginning.
in this movie's cas it's especially distracting for the scene where Preston jumps into the room and the lights go out.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall any sound from the disc myself. Perhaps it was a bad pressing? If you have multiple players, or a DVD-ROM, does it make the sound there as well?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I absolutely LOVED this movie!!! If the story is not that good to you, the action alone will get cha. I personally think this movie blew both Matrix films away!!! The story in the Matrix out weighed the action. But this movie is the exact opposite. The action in this film draws you in to see what is next. It was just a ride to remember, if I didn't have to go to sleep I'd watch it again (3rd shift worker).

But anyone who loves action films just for the pure guilty pleasure and won't focus TOO much on the story will indeed love this movie as much as I did.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I was turned on to this movie at LaMarcus' last meet. I bought it on the way home because of the two scenes we watched. What a great movie. I love movies that I never hear of that end up being so good. I wouldn't go so far as LaMarcus and say it is better than both Matrix films, but I did like it a HELL of a lot better than Matrix Reloaded! Buy or rent this movie, you'll be pleased.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Ok George, I'll concede and say it was as good as the Matrix, and kicked Reloaded's ass. How about that? :)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
LaMarcus, I can handle that. I give The Matrix a very slight edge, though. Way ahead of Reloaded. The ending of Equilibrium was just plain KICK ASS!! In fact, I think I am going to watch it again tonight.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Saw this on the shelf and decided to come here first for any reviews, well looks like I'll be adding this to the collection tonight.

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but I must say that the DVD menus (and cover) are horribly cheesy. They aren't doing themselves any favor that way...

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I picked this up as a blind buy on the recommendation of this forum. This is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.

What gets me, though, is how there seems to be very little middle ground with this film. People either seem to love it or hate it.

Count me as lovin it.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Kurt Wimmer talks alot about hoping to get a chance to do an SE one day on the commentary track. It would be a terrible injustice for him not being able to do one. I hope one day he gets to do it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks