What's new

Any digitally fimed live-action DVDs other than Star Wars: Episode II? (1 Viewer)

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
28 Days later is indeed wholly filmed in digital EXCEPT for that end scene.

There is a reason for it although thanks to the touchy british weather the difference in clarity is not as clear as it might be.

Danny Boyle goes into more detail regarding this aspect (and other challenges/benefits to shooting digitally) on the excellent and very much listen worthy commentary track.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Sordid lives was filmed in 16x9 HD. don't know if it was 720 or 1080, but it appears to be 60Hz (not 24P) whatever they did.

Also not sure if they kept a full-digital path to the DVD or if the video was printed to film and then re-transfered back to digital for DVD (which is what dvdfile assumed was the case).

But I'd assume then I'd see a usual 3-2 kind of cadence in the DVD since it would have been converted to 24 fps film. I don't see that...motion looks like 30frame/60field motion with no judder in 480P (my dvd Panny rp91 appears to deinterlace it as "video" as well).

-dave

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the switch to flim in 28 DAYS LATER, but thought that it had something to do with the sudden switch in tone of the ending. I'm still not sure what I think about the ending, but that's another thought for another thread. Great movie otherwise! Boyle knew how to make a Zombie flick! Take that, RESIDENT EVIL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks