What's new

Any chance of Bogart Signature Collection Vol 3? (1 Viewer)

Brian_Linnen

Stunt Coordinator
After a decade of listening to my dad tell me how great Humphrey Bogart was I finally watched "Casablanca" and loved it.

I have since purchased the "Bogart Signature Collections 1 and 2" and the "Bogart/Bacall" set. These are now some of my favorite DVDs.

My dad was right (but don't tell him!) - these films are fantastic and Bogart was an incredible actor. I know that he made many more films than what are collected in these sets. Does anyone know if there will be a "Signature Collection 3" released anytime in the future?

Thanks!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Me too Jeff!

I had it recorded off of TCM earlier this year but I expect it'll eventually turn up in a future Tough Guys collection.

I don't think we'll see a third Bogie Signature set because the remaining titles could easily be separated and released in Warner's wonderful 'themed' box sets next year.

As it stands, I never picked up the reissue of Vol. 1 because of the horrible packaging. Every box set I've seen in every retailer in my city was torn or the back ripped open due to the way the films were contained inside.

Brian_Linnen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope you are wrong that we won't get another set next year though! I've really been enjoying these movies!

The first volume does have a pretty annoying package... great films though!

Thanks again!!

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
Regarding the packaging of the two Bogart Signature Collections, some may want to try rearranging the discs as I have done.

Volume Two contains six slimcases (including one double for The Maltese Falcon bonus discs), but has room for seven. I've put The TMF discs one and two in one double slimcase, and moved one of the slimcased films plus its cover from Volume One into another double slimcase, which it shares with TMF disc three. Fortunately, the cover for TMF disc one is double-printed with the cover of discs two and three on the other side, so information is not lost by throwing the other cover away.

These discs can then be neatly housed in the Volume Two box with all the other slimcased films, the remaining one from Volume One and the remaining four from Volume Two. The Casablanca digipak from Volume One goes on the shelf alongside my other digipaks, while The Treasure of the Sierra Madre digipak I gave away, since I already have it in the Warner Legends Collection. The battered Volume One box went in the recycler.

Of course, the box art of Volume Two doesn't exactly reflect what is now inside, but I can live with that if it means I have an attractive, neat box on my bookcase, and it *is* Bogart on the box after all.

Now, does anyone know if Amazon are selling the Bogie and Bacall Collection in an all-keepcase format yet? When it first came out it was reportedly a mixture of keepcases and snappers.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi

Same for me, I was very disappointed because I went to Best Buy the next week and they had the Box Set with Keep Cases.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Pick it up in stores... it's priced really well. I grabbed it on release day and got all the films in keepcases.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

Thanks, but I'm in the UK, so it's not an option for me. Really frustrating that Amazon is still selling these as snappers, let alone the fact that Warner put them out in the first place.

Maybe when/if I visit North America...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Try a smaller retailer like DigitalEyes or DVDEmpire and email first to confirm details before placing an order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks