What's new

Any chance of a Back to the Future single release ? (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
In Australia they released the first Back to the Future movie on it's own a couple of months after the boxset release.
Does anybody have any info about whether the same is planned in the U.S. ?
I haven't bought the box because I refuse to pay for two movies that I really don't want to have.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I don't think it could hurt at this point. It would have been different if they sold them all separately to start, as 2 and 3 would likely have sold far less than 1. (Personally I like 2 and 3 almost as much as 1).

Same thing with the Godfather trilogy. If they sold them all separately to start, there would have been stacks of Part 3 left at stores. But now that the set has sold a lot in the past 18 months, I don't think it would hurt Paramount to sell them separately for those who may only want Part 1 or 2.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think it will happen one day. But, not until they make as much money they can from the box set. (This goes for BTTF and Godfather.)

Just taking a guess, I could see each BTTF movie sell for $14.99 each or something --- Godfather around $19.99 or so.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
You could always buy a previously viewed DVD. The local Hastings is selling each movie separately. The problem is, I bet you could buy the boxset brand new for a lower price than what they're selling them separately for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks