What's new

Any chance of a Babylon 5 DTV??? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
We'll have to wait and see. JMS is off to London for the BAFTA Awards (he's nominated for Best Original Screenplay for Changeling) and then there's the Oscars, so I doubt any serious talks will happen on any of this for awhile. (Not the mention all the projects he's currently got on his plate.) Of course, an Oscar win could get give Warner Bros. even more incentive to look at a B5 film, which could actually be done on a fairly modest budget compared to most of today's bloated SF films.

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
there's no chance he'll win oscar =P.

B5 film would be awesome but dont u agree with me that a movie based on wholly original ideas rather than continuing the B5 cast is better?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The last two "new" projects didn't thrill me, so no, not really. I'd like to see a feature film with a stand-alone story that could use everyone from the original cast who is still available and interested. JMS himself has always said that he'd like to use a feature film, with its bigger budget and greater prestige, as a way to reward the hard work and sacrifice of the actors who made the show a reality. (After all those years toiling in the then-slums of first-run syndication and cable originals, they deserve it. ;))

Personally I'm still hoping for something that fills in a few gaps, with at least flashbacks to the Telepath War and the fall-out from the Drakh plague, its eventual cure and the dark secrets that would have revealed. Certainly I'd love to see Walter Koenig as Bester again.

It is just such a shame that WB is finally thinking about years too late for Richard Biggs and Andreas Katsulas to contribute.

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
richard biggs was ok, but i think the bigger loss is andreas katsulas. i don't think i've seen ANY character under layers of mask that can act as well as he did for anything. it's not just the incredible makeup but his hardwork that made G'Kar possible. i miss that =(.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I agree that Richard Biggs is a loss, but Andreas was a bigger one. The whole chemistry between G'Kar and Londo is what I'll miss the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks