What's new

Any chance for "A Man Called Sloane"? (1 Viewer)

LloydWhiteJR

Auditioning
Real Name
Lloyd White
I really liked this show when I was a kid; it starred Robert Conrad as a secret agent and only ran for 12 episodes back in 1979. Any chance it could be released? It was a QM production that aired on NBC.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If CBS/Paramount won't continue the popular QM shows like "Streets of San Francisco" and "Barnaby Jones" I don't see much reason for why they'd start one of his short-lived ones.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
What would be really cool and will never happen, would be a QM box set with all of his short-run series: New Breed, Dan August, Banyon, Manhunter, Caribe, Bert D'Angelo Superstar, Most Wanted, Tales of the Unexpected, The Runaways and Man Called Sloane.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
If Paramount/CBS did some sort of MOD program I could see the possibility of it being released. However we'd most likely see Streets and Jones released first.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I have never seen an episode of "Banyon" but from what I've read that would suffer a great deal because there was a good deal of singing in it by series regular Julie Gregg, especially at the hands of CBS/Paramount!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Is this really a Paramount title, seems there's confusion over who actually owns it. Would be cool to have in any case. If we see it coming at all sometime, it's probably from a smaller company like VCI, S!F or TMG. Whatever, might as well let the dreaming begin.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

Attachments

• FD01ECBB-F2F3-4E93-809F-70FECC698B2D.jpeg
    FD01ECBB-F2F3-4E93-809F-70FECC698B2D.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 22

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Is this really a Paramount title, seems there's confusion over who actually owns it. Would be cool to have in any case. If we see it coming at all sometime, it's probably from a smaller company like VCI, S!F or TMG. Whatever, might as well let the dreaming begin.

As far as I know, yes, it's now at CBS/Paramount, as are most QM series. The only QM series I can think of off-hand that aren't with CBS/Paramount are The F.B.I. (Warner) and 12 O'Clock High (Fox/Disney).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Ah. Robert Conrad being Robert Conrad. Been watching the fourth season of Wild, Wild, West, and it's very enjoyable. Perhaps VEI or Shout could get involved in releasing more short lived series. Perhaps we could write to them. They haven't released a great deal in the past two years.

Did enjoy a Man Called Sloane when it was on. Also want Ken Howard's Manhunter out.

--james

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
As far as I know, yes, it's now at CBS/Paramount, as are most QM series. The only QM series I can think of off-hand that aren't with CBS/Paramount are The F.B.I. (Warner) and 12 O'Clock High (Fox/Disney).
Its not in their syndication bible like the other QM series they own.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The pilot for this show had another actor (Robert Logan) and when network execs rejected him they brought in Conrad. The Logan pilot was burned off more than a year after the show was cancelled.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I watched the entire run back then and the rejected pilot that was rather good.
That show had the leaning of the James Bond of the late seventies: the light Roger Moore era, if you catch my meaning.
I couldn't remember the plots but, as a kid, I enjoyed the dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks