What's new

Any catch to BlueJeans HDMI? (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I am a big fan of BlueJeans cables. I've only ordered speaker wire from them so far, but have been very pleased; and everything I read about them is positive.

However, I have to ask if there is a catch to their HDMI cables? Why? They seem too inexpensive! For instance, their 10ft HDMI cable is $27.50, while BetterCables is $119.95 for 9.84ft and CablesToGo is $99.99 for 3m and RAM Electronics is $53.04 for their "1080p rated" 10ft.

I'm thinking about using these for an in-wall installation so I really can't afford to make the mistake of going with the least expensive if there's going to be a catch at some point.

Anybody with significant experience with the BlueJeans HDMI cables?

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
No significant experience with that particular cable but Oppo supplies a six foot HDMI cable free with its $150 universal player that works as well as any other........so, my thinking is that a good working cable need not cost a lot of money as it's just sending 0's and 1's.

Mort

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
HDMI uses copper , which on cheaper cables can oxidize over time resuting in loss of signal, and or sparklies..
I'd use anything that works.....BUT...NOT if your going to drywall it in.
This is just stuff I have read.
also guys are using (cheap) 1 inch conduit to fish cable through just incase.
I strongly advise that. I did and now I am changing cables (audio)...Glad I did.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The practice of trying to make people think "if it's more expensive it must be better" is quite common in consumer electronics, despite the fact that there often is no real difference.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
By the time the copper oxidizes in your cable you can count on your plumbing starting to leak as well so the cable should be the least expensive to replace. Conduit is a great idea.....you'll be set to pull through HDMI/2 cable when it replaces HDMI ;)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
The conduit is a great idea, but unfortunately all the cables will be making either two or three 90 degree turns in the walls. It would be nearly impossible to pull cables through those turns.

Is there really an HDMI/2 coming or are you just alluding to whatever may be coming next?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
SethH, the BJC HDMI cables are top quality cables at a very attractive price, plus they are CL rated for in-wall use. How about purchasing the BJC & Bettercables (Bc) HDMI and compare them. Both offer a no-hassle return. It's unlikely that you'll see a difference, and if you somehow think the Bc is providing a "better" picture it's a placebo. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks