1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthem vs B&K

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*DII, Feb 2, 2003.

1. John*DII

John*DII Member

I am looking to buy a new amp. I wanted opinions on which amp would be a better match with the Monitor 11s. The B&K reference 200 or the Anthem MCA50. Money is not a factor in my decision. I use a yammie rx-v3000 as my pre.

Thanks for all comments.

2. DonJ

DonJ Well-Known Member

Paradigm owns Anthem so they should compliment each other well.

3. Camp

Camp Well-Known Member

Ownership logic doesn't necessarily equate to real world truth. Perhaps someone with real experience will chime in with some help.

4. Dave Ma

Dave Ma Well-Known Member

Found this post somewhere else. They are both great amps! With that said I would also look at Rotel and Sherbourn.
    www.rotel.com
    www.sherbourn.com
    Sherbourn just came out with a nice 5 200 wpc amp.

5. Yogi

Yogi Well-Known Member

I have listened to Paradigm, Anthem and B&K on separate systems. My general experience is that B&K amps are warm laid back sounding and Anthem amps are more neutral to forward sounding. My experience with Paradigm is they are also forward sounding speakers. Now adding 2+2 I am guessing that I would like a B&K amp mated to Paradigm speakers better than the other alternative just because I prefer neutral to warm sound. While someone preferring a forward snappy presentation might prefer the exact opposite. So let your ears be the final judge. When all is said and done I am sure you will be happy with either as they are both fine pieces of equipment.

Best of luck.