What's new

Anthem MCA 50 vs. MCA 5 II (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Scott
Hi everyone,

I posted this at AVS but figured I'd try it both places. I wondered if anyone has done a direct comparison, blind a/b or something similar. Is there any real advantage to the MCA 50 over the MCA 5 II????

thanks in advance

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
More powerful. The MCA5 was 200 Watts/ch, MCA50 is rated 225/ch. All channels driven is up by around 10 watts according to the manufacturer's literature

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
Acording to my dealer they were revamped a bit. But are they sonicly better, I have no idea. You can think of them really as a MCA 5 Rev III. But nobody really does 3 revisions on an amp so they gave them a new number.

My suggestion is email Anthem, they are very fast with their replys.

Brian

Real Name
Scott
Thanks Brian
I took your advice and emailed Anthem. Well less than 5 minutes and I had my reply from Nick. Wow that was quick
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

He suggested that they should be very similar sonically, except for when pushed to the limit. At that point a little more distortion should show up with the 5 (due to smaller power supply than the 50).

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
Yes they are very good about getting back to you. That is one of the biggest reasons why I switched to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks