1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Antenna signal booster

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JerryJ, Apr 1, 2003.

1. JerryJ

JerryJ New Member

Hi Group,
    I am new to the group and this is my first post. I have a large directional antenna laying flat on my patio roof to keep the neighbors from complaining. I had it connected to a 27" tv and all was well until I purchased a toshiba 50hdx82. There is a large two story house between the antenna and the transmitting towers about 25 miles away all in the same place. I was wondering if a signal booster would give it more performance to the new set in a positive way. I have a signal booster in my motorhome connected to a winegard antenna and it really gets that tv to stand at attention! Do you think it would have the same effect on my home system.
    Thanks Jerry

2. Grant B

Grant B Well-Known Member

Antennas are funny things. An old engineer once told me that antenna design is more a 'black art' then a science.
    I would try it but make sure you can take it back.

So it was fine when you had the 27 hooked up but now the new tv cant pick up the same stations?
    Are you sure you have a good connection to the TV?
    Do you have a rotor?
    Sometimes a few degrees can make a huge difference and when it is highly direction even more so.
    One thing that they do is 'reject' signals off the sides and back.
    Good Luck
    Grant