1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

antenna help for over the air reception !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by GlenRF, Apr 11, 2004.

1. GlenRF

GlenRF Active Member

I have just recieved my new HDTV reciever from direct tv and was wanting to pick up an antenna to be able to get my local HD channels I found a site that gave me the distance from stations ( 20 miles from farthest station )and I was wondering if the silver sensor from zenith would be a good choice for this or if I should go out and buy a rooftop antenna for this I have minimal trees in my area. thanks any help would help.

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Well-Known Member

Silver Sensor should be fine for a 20mile distance if your stations are broadcasting with a reasonable power output and you are not in a deep valley or something that would block the signals. Best results would be to locate the antenna at least looking thru a window in the direction of the broadcast towers, stucco walls have fine wire mesh that reduces the signal a lot. Outdoor is better just to avoid the signal reflections off objects and people walking near the indoor antenna. I put a small one on my back porch to avoid those issues.