What's new

Antenna adaptor for older Yamaha and other receivers (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
You are never too old to learn something....

I have an older Yamaha receiver. The FM antenna connector appears to be some kind of oddball non-threaded Type F coax connector. I even have a few very old cables around that push into place on it. But a standard threaded Type F won't go. I looked in the manual and discovered that an "antenna adaptor" had been included in the box many years ago. A search turned up that this receiver (like hundreds of others) used a PAL male connector on the receiver, and what I need is a "PAL female to Type F female" adaptor. I then ordered a pair off Amazon for $5 shipped. http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0084CCDWE

I'm guessing that FM antenna connections are a low priority with receiver manufacturers and that the PAL push-on is standard in the EU. Apparently Yamaha, Pioneer, and some others just use the PAL connector since you can just plug in a short wire connection directly which may be "good enough" for most consumers.

I decided to post this info here since we don't really have a "cable, interconnect, and integration" forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks