What's new

ANOTHER Star Wars Trilogy (Trilogies?) DVD release on 11/04/08... (1 Viewer)

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
The most recent releases (in '06) didn't just contain the theatrical cuts- they contained the '04 SE discs as well. This upcoming release (apparently) will be those same '06 sets, only all boxed together.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing "limited" about those 2006 releases, as they are easily found in any store for around $13 each. At the time, they were advertised in the same way as some of the Disney movies that are pulled from shelves after a time period. Didn't happen with these.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Has anyone purchased the Original Trilogy set? I'm trying to confirm that the original, non-anamorphic discs are identical to the 2006 releases.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
"Unfortunately, these are still the same old non-anamorphic transfers. They look great (and are light years better than my fullscreen VHS tapes), but how much effort does it take to enhance these films for widescreen televisions?"

LOL! That person must have been living in an underground tunnel for the last 2+ years! :laugh:

We knew they were going to still be non-anamorphic, but I want to know if the discs are identical (still containing the Lego demos).

If the Lego demos aren't on these discs, that will affect compression somewhat, I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks