What's new

Another Newbee arrives (1 Viewer)

Ray Kammer

Agent
;) Well, they don't get any newer than this! (my first post). I've been lurking for the past month while I made up my mind on what HDTV to buy. Finally took delivery of my new Hitachi 43FWX20B from Sears today and so far I'm liking it just fine. Here are some comments which may be of interest to some:
1) Reception with Time Warner analog cable is surprisingly good. They will bring my HDTV set-top box tomorrow.
2) Tried several DVDs with the new Sony DVP-NS715P progressive player and they are awsome!
3) The 4:3 stretch mode is pretty abrupt at the extreme left and right sides of the screen but I'm almost getting used to it already. I also tried out the 16:9 standard mode for 4:3 viewing and it's not bad either.
4) The reds are a bit strong but I can tone them down with the video menu. I've got contrast down to about 50% from the 100% factory default. I hear that as the set breaks in everything may improve.
5) The brightness of the picture is better than any other set I previewed and it's much sharper than my second choice which was the mitsubishi WT-42311 table top set.
Here in Orlando the Sears people were very aggressive and willing to compete with BB and CC. I'm sure that as time goes along I'll have some questions about tuning, etc and look forward to exchanging ideas with some of you. This is a great forum!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. One of the first things you should invest in is a setup disk like AVIA, Video Essentials, or the upcoming Digital Video Essentials coming in June 2003. It will help you to properly set up the video on your new TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks