What's new

Angled Wall Mount for JBL L820's (1 Viewer)

beckerdane

Auditioning
Real Name
Dane Becker
I purchased a pair of JBL L820 wall mount speakers for my rear surronds with the thought of mounting them at the top of my wall or even to the ceiling and pointing them down to the listening area. This has been a lot tougher than I anticipated. The wall mount that came with them is strictly for flush mounting and all the angled mounts I have found won't work because the speakers are set up to have two brackets at the top edges and not in the center of the speaker. I have looked through all the omnimounts and peerless mounts I could find and nothing will work. They weigh approx 18 lbs. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Perdignus

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Kirchner
Hi Dane,

Did you ever figure anything out? I have 5 L820's and an LC2 in my TV room. I currently have them just above eye level when we're sitting down, but the surrounds are too far behind us and I can only mount them at or around the ceiling due to the room design. I've got a few ideas floating around in my head to angle mount them towards the center of the room and down (for the front L/R corners) and angled down from the rear and surrounds, but if you came up with something I'd love to hear about it.

BTW how do you like your JBL's? I originally purchased some Aperion speakers but returned them. They just weren't bright enough for me. I kept the Aperion sub but found the JBL's and really like them. I think they need just a bit more power than my Yamaha RX-V3900 has to offer and I'm dreaming about getting a Sunfire TGA-7401 some day (not sure that will ever happen, but I guy can dream can't he?).

Thanks,

Patrick.

Perdignus

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Kirchner
Hi Dane and anyone else paying attention,

I didn't hear from anyone about mounting the 820's, so I took it upon myself to rig something up. I originally had the speakers mounted on the walls, but they didn't sound nearly as good as they do hanging from the ceiling now.

I bought five Omnimount 20.5CA ceiling speaker mounts for the 820's (20.5CA - White - ~$30 each). For the center LC2, I bought one Omnimount 30.0 (CA-IFK - White - ~$45).

Since the JBL's didn't have the proper mounting points for the Omnimounts, I cut and stained some wood for use with the existing JBL mounting points and then attached the Omnimounts to these pieces of wood (see the pictures I've attached). Just out of curiosity, what are the oddly spaced mounting points on these speakers good for anyway?

In the end, it involved some extra work and the Omnimounts were a bit expensive, but I'm very satisfied with the end results and they sound much better on the ceilings than they did on the walls.

Patrick.

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
This looks really good. I have 6 L820s and and LC2 and the surrounds and surround rears kind of lack at time due to them being flush on the wall. I am hoping to try this even though my wife walked by, looked at the pics and just said no before I could make a peep. Thanks for stepping out and providing the idea and the great pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks