What's new

Ang Lee's Hulk 2003 Blu Ray out on September 16 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I liked the Ed Norton Hulk a bit better, but this one is under-rated. Thanks for the heads-up.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I like this one and haven't seen the new one. I have the HD DVD and will just live with that.

Chris

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
Compared to what? The 2008 MTV version with dodgy special effects and worse acting?

"Look everyone, it's William Hurt playing a character previously played by Sam Elliott...BADLY!"

"Hi, I'm Liv Tyler. My 'acting' abilities amount to nothing more than wierd breathing noises. What the hell is wrong with my voice?"

"Is that Edward Norton whining in movie, again? Christ, I thought we'd gotten rid of him for good!"

"Tell you what, let's ruin,(if you can ruin a turd), the ending by sticking in a Tony Stark cameo AFTER were the movie should have ended. It'll be sweet, except... It wasn't!"

And let's not forget this nugget: ' From the director of THE TRANSPORTER'

I keed... (ironic smiley)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ang Lee´s version is the superior Hulk film, imo. I also am happy with the HDDVD:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Not just a better Hulk movie, one of the best comic book movies to date, a must buy for me.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
this version will have DTS MA! a must buy for me.
the HDdvd version did not have that.
Jacob

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Geez, can't we even mention "Hulk + Ang Lee" anymore? Always this tired "I hate it! vs But I like it!" debate.. Let´s all just face the facts here; "Hulk" is a MOVIE. And with movies, there are differing opinions.. Live and let live! ;)

(for what it´s worth.. I liked the movie)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
If everyone can stop bitching about which film was worse...

Anyway, FWIW word is coming down to retailers that (rather unsurprisingly) the 2008 film is coming to BD the same day.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
That's a bit like praising the fastest three legged horse.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Neither is perfect, but I will at least agree that the Ang Lee film is not nearly as bad as one might think from all of the badmouthing it has gotten. I was on board with it right through to the "final confrontation", which was incredibly anticlimactic. I will stand pat with my HD DVD, but it is good to see it arriving on BD with at least an upgrade to lossless audio.

Regards,

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Add me to the list of those who think that Ang Lee's 'Hulk' is a superior movie than the new one.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

We're not, we're stating which one of the two is the better. Oh, that'd be cool if both came on the same day, I'd get'em.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I thought it was kinda funny that the new hulk movie failed to do better then the first movie with all of its talk of being a better movie.. maybe people are just not fans of the big green guy of either version.
I did get a chance to meet the original hulk at a convention. Lou F.
that was cool.
Jacob

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

To be fair, though, if you were able to factor in the people who didn't see the 2008 version specifically because they felt burned by the Ang Lee version, the 2008 version had the potential to gather considerably more box office.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

That's kinda stretching it in my opinion. It could just as easily be that there are way too many comic book movies being produced these days. When even a lover of comic book movies, like myself, says this it might be time to start mining some new medium for film ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.