What's new

Andy Griffith RIP (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the AGS first season's Christmas episode on youtube. It was terrific.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garysb /t/321975/andy-griffith-rip#post_3945241
I just watched the AGS first season's Christmas episode on youtube. It was terrific.

Great choice, Gary. It's a great episode of TAGS, and a great Christmas episode to boot!

Gary "wish TAGS had done another couple of Christmas episodes - but happy for the one they did film" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Tonight Andy Griffith will be my latest "Tribute to a Fallen Star" when I watch TV Tonight (I haven't watched any TV these last three nights because of all the Fireworks Displays I've been going to). I will begin with an episode from The Andy Griffith Show, followed by one from Matlock, then the "Angel of Mercy" episode of The Bionic Woman and finally the "I'm a Family Crook, Don't Shoot" episode from Hawaii Five-O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by Carabimero /t/321975/andy-griffith-rip#post_3944976
I made a short clips tribute to remember Andy Griffith. I posted the link below for those who might want to see it.

Wow - absolutely incredible and I'm not ashamed to admit that clip brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I knew folks here wouldn't forget about No Time for Sergeants. Among the best of the military comedies of the time, if you ask me. Wonderful DVD of that is available.
Thanks for the laughs Ang. Say hey to Barney, Goober, Floyd, Aunt Bea...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ ...Howard, Otis, Ernest T. ... (dang, never realized how many are not with us anymore until Andy died... :( At least we still have "lil' Opie" and Gomer )
MattH. said:
I watched more episodes tonight, too. "Barney's Sidecar" is an all-time favorite.
05c2b438_Barney_sSidecar.jpeg

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watch the Mr McBeevee last night on youtube. The scene with Andy/Opie is classic, especially Opie saying Mr McBeevee exists and Andy believing him. The funniest scene is still when Andy goes to forest and runs into Mr McBeevee. They sure do not make actors like Andy Griffith anymore and that is sad. The new actors could learn a lot about acting from watching both old tv series and the old movies. I am glad for DVDs as i can watch these shows in the comforts of my own living room.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I noticed this morning in my local TV listings that the local ABC station (which for decades ran syndicated Andy Griffith Show episodes) is giving the 8 p.m. hour slot tonight over to two classics (which I coincidentally watched this week from my own collection): "The Pickle Story" and "Man in a Hurry."

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Radioman970 said:
^^ ...Howard, Otis, Ernest T. ... (dang, never realized how many are not with us anymore until Andy died... :( At least we still have "lil' Opie" and Gomer )
05c2b438_Barney_sSidecar.jpeg
And Thelma Lou.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Results are official, Andy was done in by a Heart Attack, there was no "Liberace-Style" Cover-up to hide what he passed away from. If I raised any eyebrows I apologize, My Bad! :blush:

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Watched the fifth season Hawaii Five-O episode which Andy Griffth guest starred in, "I'm a Family Crook - Don't Shoot!". It was one of the season's best, and reminded me of the two Hume Cromyn episodes with the near perfect blend of music, comedy and seriousness. Also enjoyable was seeing Harold Sakata (the only other TV/film work I've seen him in was in Goldfinger (1964). Andy Griffith was very believable in the role of the head of the con artists, and the episode ended in a delightful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks