What's new

And the winner is. (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
In terms of Customer Service and technical support XM Radio by a landslide.
Recently activated a Sirius radio and after a brief period of time experienced audio dropouts, called Sirius expecting help and was told if it didn,t work they would gladly cancel my service. Purchased XM, same problem this time CS referred me to a XM Technical support person who spend some 20 minutes on the phone walking me through the problem, needless to say problem Solved. Way to go XM. IMO a great service, great product.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is the second time I have read that
XM RADIO beat out SIRIUS in Customer Support.

Way to go XM!

Matt`G

Agent
In (partial) defense of Sirius customer service,

I received a phone call a couple weeks back -- they apparently are surveying their subscribers to find out in detail what they like, don't like, and any new ideas. The survey took probably a good 20 minutes of my time, but I was glad to do it. A company interested in my opinion makes me feel better about giving them my money.

To be honest, though, in the past I have called Sirius for support and it basically lead nowhere. Given, the one time I called, the problem was on my end (bad splice on a power lead), but it was almost more frustrating to talk to them than to try to troubleshoot on my own. First, they assured me that my tuner should be getting the signal, and they even reset my "signal" to make sure, which was good. After that, they were not very helpful. I spent 5 minutes trying to explain to the poor tech support guy that my head unit was not receiving signal from the Sirius tuner, but every time I stopped talking he asked me to "hold down your source button on your head unit and pick sirius" :rolleyes:I might just be picky, but it was a little bit frustrating in a situation where I was already frustrated. Luckily, I thought to check the voltage going to the Sirius tuner in the midst of him telling me for the umpteenth time to pick Sirius as a source, and I was able to tell him that I found the problem.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I ran into a hitch during the activation of the Sirius unit when I had it installed, and Sirius was very courteous to me, and called me back 30 minutes later to make sure it was working. I was pretty pleased, I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to call again, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks