What's new

Anchor Bay to re-release Evil Dead 2 (1 Viewer)

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Are Divimax DVDs like those Superbit DVDs where the main selling point is improved picture quality, which takes up so much space on the disc that there isn't much room for special features? I'm just wondering if the new Evil Dead 2 DVD would have new special features, or the same ones as the previous release, only differing from that release through picture quality.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor

No, they all contain special features when appropriate. A Divimax Series disc is just a transfer that was made from downgrading a high-definition remastered print.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
hmm, a new dvd of ed2??? well, i have the blood red ld and the old l.e. metal box and sofar i've seen the movie in a long time, which means i dunno how the quality of it is for modern standards ;) if they gonna re-release it i like to see a new audio commentary, top notch video quality, influence of the evil dead for other filmmakers and how horror films evolved after the release of e.d., trailers, new interviews of cast and crew. ohh and make it a 2 disc set ;)

Paul Strilka

Stunt Coordinator
I have a bootleg of "Within the Woods" and several other Sam and Bruce super 8 films.
They are all very, very bad. Just a bunch of kids running around with a camera. It's tough to watch.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I found Within The Woods creepily effective. It's also historically interesting because this is the short film that Raimi and Co made to show investors to get money for his first film.

"Within The Woods" literally started his entire career!

It's also a shame that the "short" version of Blood Simple that the Coen Brothers made after hearing about the success of Raimi's trailer hasn't been released either :frowning:

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Over on the Anchor Bay site they updated thier "In The Future" page. Apparently the ED2 re-release is going to be a "Book of the Dead" release. It will also have a sound chip in it that screams when you push the extended eyeball! It is a DIVIMAX release but no mention of any other extras yet or a release date.

--Ian

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Geez, I hope this new "Book of the Dead" edition isn't as expensive as the Evil Dead 1 "Book of the Dead" edition. I wasn't willing to spend that much and I'm still not willing to spend that much.

Patrick.C

Second Unit

No kidding! That thing would smell up an entire room! I wonder if they'll be making this one out of a different material...

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Back when I got the Book of the Dead Edition of the first film, I left it on the balcony for a day. That got rid of (most of) the smell nicely.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Looks more like the book from Evil Dead 1. Then again I thought the first BOTD looked like the Evil Dead 2 book. Hopefully the disc is better protected this time. I hated that little sleeve on the old Book. I ended up putting the dvd in an old cd case so it wouldn't get scratched.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Well speaking of which, an extra I would like to see would be a nice long unedited look at the BTS video that was partially offered on the Elite LD and showed up severely edited in the "The Gore The Merrier" featurette on the last DVD.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
"Anchor Bay to rerelease Evil Dead..."

Hmmm... now THERES something you dont see every day-

oh, wait! I guess we do...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks