What's new

Anchor Bay made my day tonight! (1 Viewer)

Bill Mc

Grip
I thought I heard something a few months back about an Anchor Bay release of Bad Boys SE(Sean Penn), but didn't notice it in the chat transcript. Any one hear the same thing???
Bill

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Bad Boys is up for preorder at Amazon. It's due out October 9.
You have to wonder about that cover art, though. "Complete & uncut for the first tme on DVD!" is good news, but it certainly shouldn't be emblazoned on the DVD's cover for all time.
[Edited last by Greg_S_H on September 19, 2001 at 10:31 PM]

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, you mean that someone has made a couple of Wilbur Smith novels into movies? My dad would love to hear that. He's his favorite author...
Jason
------------------
My DVD Collection

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Gold" actually is available on DVD from both Platinum Disc Corporation and Diamond Entertainment, though I think they're both pan and scan. I have this movie on video-CD from some obscure company, got it at a flea market a long time ago when I was looking for VCDs to play on my Philips CDi player! Great theme song.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
quote: With the mention of the Ealing Comedies, "Lavendar Hill Mob", "Lady Killers", etc. These are some of my favorite films and I wondered if there were more than a dozen people that even knew of these movies, much less would buy a DVD of them.[/quote]
Neil, I know about 'em, and I want them too!
I'm also waiting for those Herzog titles. Isn't Strozek supposed to be coming out soon?
If AB did get the rights to Wings of Desire, it'll probably be a while before we see it. Welsher mentioned a "first wave" of Wenders films coming out next year, and WoD wasn't among them.
frown.gif

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Santa Sangre. If AB does get the rights, here's hoping they include a Jodorowsky commentary!
Edit: Amazon has Strozek and Fata Morgana as being released on Dec. 4th. I've never seen FM, is it worth buying sight-unseen?
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
[Edited last by SteveGon on September 19, 2001 at 11:58 PM]
[Edited last by SteveGon on September 20, 2001 at 12:20 AM]

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I'd also love some details on this if anyone's got 'em! Are they trying to obtain the rights? Are the rights to this one all screwed up in that big ol' legal brouhaha like most of the other Jodorowsky films?
No Al, "Santa Sangre" is not connected with producer Allen Klein in any way.
He's the guy that won't release "El Topo" or "The Holy Mountain" to video.
Republic Pictures issued "Santa Sangre" in both VHS and laser a few years back, but I have no idea if they still hold the rights to this film.
I have e-mailed Anchor Bay a few times about obtaining this title and it now appears that they are actively looking into it.
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks