What's new

Anamorphic version of the Graduate? (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am a huge fan of the Graduate, but do not own an anamorphic version of this movie. Could someone please confirm that the anamorphic version is version with the UPC number of 027616158482? This is one is available at DeepDiscount, but want to make sure it is an anamorphic version before I place an order.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I really hope we get a SE of The Graduate sometime in '07. It deserves a hell of a lot better than the current DVDs on the market.

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
There is a French HD-DVD release of the Graduate scheduled for later this year (in March, through Studio Canal, as I recall). Like current HD-DVD releases from Europe, it will be playable on U.S. HD-DVD players.:)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I agree, wholeheartedly. Now that I have a widescreen TV, I really want this movie in widescreen. Let's hope the studio that owns this movie will come out with a nice 40th Anniversary edition.

I see there have been over 190 viewings of this thread, so it is obvious there is a demand for a SE of the Graduate.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
In the latest post on the Criterion blog, producer Kim Hendrickson talks about her work with Steven Soderbergh for the new The Third Man disc. At the end of the post, she mentions that Soderbergh was going to team up with Mike Nichols later that day to record a commentary for a non-Criterion 40th Anniversary Edition of The Graduate.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That's great news. The Graduate is my favorite film and was real bummed out to discover that my DVD was not anamorphic when I got my HDTV. I am assuming this version will be.

Nick Shookla

Agent
Real Name
Nick Shookla
Finally, promising news! The pair's commentary on Catch-22 was a great listen so I'm looking forward to this.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Soderbergh and Nichols also teamed up very effectively for a commentary on the recent 2-disc special edition of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

Regards,

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Soderbergh probably has commented on the most films he had nothing to do with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks