What's new

Anamorphic "Scream" Available? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Do you know what would be nice? A decent region 1 DVD release of Scream. Think we'll eventually get it?

I think we will, but we'll only be able to buy it with the other 2 (maybe 3, they're going to make another one) packaged with it.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I would not be shocked to see a 10th Anniversary Special Edition at some point next year...

I would LOVE a better R1 release, but I do have one region-free player, so I might have to grab the Japanese disc.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I'm not sure if a hd master is available in region 1. The reason I say that is Scream has been on the Starz HD channeln but only in SD and pan & scan. They are usually good about showing a movie in hd if a master is available. I would upgrade my copy in a second, but only if it is the uncut version.

CraigL

Screenwriter
The Japanese is supposed to NOT have the best quality. At the moment, the Korean R3 boxed set version doesn't have DTS but is the Unrated version and is supposedly the best.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

The standalone Korean release of the first film (now available again from koreandvds.com after being sold out for a little while) is also the unrated version. I own it and can confirm this. Picture quality is very decent, but not perfect. It still provides a terrific alternative to the non-anamorphic R1 transfer.

DJ

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Isn't the reason the Region 1 release is R-rated because of Mirimax's policy for unrated material?

Considering the split from Disney now, I think it's possible we'll get a 10th anniversary re-release next fall...possibly in anamorphic widescreen, and uncut.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

no, this was disney's fault as they didn't wanted any unrated/nc-17 material released under their flag. but that can all change as they are now a stand alone studio.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
From my understanding after reading a lengthy aricle about the split in Entertainment weekly, Disney will still hold the Mirimax name and entire catalog. It was really a split between Disney and the Weinsteins, but they don't get to take all of their films with them when they leave.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Miramax already break the "no unrated" policy with their special edition of TRAINSPOTTING?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if an unrated "10th Anniversary Edition" was released next year. I just wonder if Wes Craven will want to go near anything Miramax/Dimension related again after the horrific experience he had making CURSED for them.

Vincent

Matt M

Grip
What about the upcoming Sling Blade Director's Cut ( Is that going to be Unrated?)
Also what about the Bad(der) Santa release that was Unrated?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks