1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Analog Audio vinyl to digital

Discussion in 'Apple' started by offtheroad, Feb 21, 2013.

1. offtheroad

offtheroad New Member

I just ordered a USB NUMARK turntable to convert my 45rpm records. I'm on a Mac with 12GBRAM Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro4,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 12 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B08 SMC Version (system): 1.39f5 SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5 And need some education. The records are very old and very used. I downloaded the free audacity-macosx-ub-2.0.3 and am aware I'll need to do a lot of work cleaning them up digitally. I'll need some tips there and cleaning them up physically. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and the reason I'm telling you that is because we have a very dry climate here so dry that no matter what magic solution you use to clean a new un used vinyl record you will get massive pops and clicks from the static. Thanks