What's new

An occasion to upgrade the Flintstones TV (1 Viewer)

ZetaTre

Auditioning
Real Name
Luca
I consider myself a techie guy, that enjoys the conveniences (and the frustrations...) of the 21st century gadgets, but the home entertainment side of the house has forever been an area of embarrassment. With the excuse of spending more time outdoor and in the garage, the "home entertainment" was made of Symphonic 20" TV that we bought for probably less than 100 bucks some 10 years age when we were still college student... Well, I took a special occasion to overhaul the department... I admit it took me a while, and I think I got to the point that my wife has lost hopes so she has stopped nagging me about.
PANO_20130206_200049.jpg
So the setup consists of: TV: Panasonic VT50 55" AVR: HK 1700 Speakers: HK TS30 BR: Panasonic BDT220 I'm planing on delivering it to my wife as her 30 year birthday next week and for the past couple of weeks I've been dealing with the hardest part of it all: pulling the speaker wires for a complete stealth installation with no visible wires. I'm one of those people that like these sorts of projects, but it made me understand why professionals charge big bucks... Add to that the fact that it's a surprise and you can imagine. The two wires for the rear satellites were particularly hard, but eventually they will be hidden behind the speakers.
IMG-20130309-WA0006.jpg
I'll make sure I post pix of the final setup... I'm actually pretty excited to see if it turns out as good as I'm imaging it

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Good job man. You'll appreciate the time you spent doing it right, years down the road when you don't have to do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks