What's new

amp for my yamaha (1 Viewer)

tommy_E

Agent
Whats up everyone, I'm lookin around for an amp{not to expensive} for my yamaha HTR-5790. If i do get one, which one should i get? and will it improve sound or power, or both?

thanks alot everyone

KyleGS

Second Unit
sorry tommie- you posted a few seconds before me >> :)

The old Yammies are tough to beat. I picked up a M70 and M85 and wouldn't trade them for anything under 1k. The M70 was bought for a little over 200 and is indestructable; super clean and super strong. The M85 is unbelieveable.

Here are a few models to look for:
M-45
M-50
M-65
M-70
M-80
M-85
MX-1000

Ask around- old Yammie amp owners can vouch.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm On the new side.. I have had veyr good luck with the Audiosource stuff. I think the model is Amp 1/A....

I used to be able to find refurb on this one not much over the $100 mark. They seem to have dried up though. The amp kicks real well bridged.

tommy_E

Agent
thanks for the feedback guys, but these are dumb questions-

what does it mean when your bridge the speakers? and is it better than regulary hooking them up?

And if the amp has two speaker outputs, wouldnt those speakers be louder then my center channel or rears?

im sorry these are dumb questions but i have no knowledge with amps..thanks alot everyone

KyleGS

Second Unit
You'll adjust the levels so that all are equal. Your Yammie receiver will have more power available to give your center ch and rears and the sound should improve dramatically. I've seen the greatest improvement with seperate amps when listening to music/stereo sources.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Bridging is simply configuring 2 channels of an amplifier to perform as one Mono block.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks