What's new

Amp Change Problems with Box (1 Viewer)

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, well I am going from one amp to another, and unfortunately, I have run into a problem.

I am gong from the Bash amplifier I bought at partx express with the dimensions of 12" W x 8" H x 3-1/2" D

to the O audio Bash amplifier with 10.2 Width and 11.95 Height and 3.25 inch depth.

Calculating that, I'll have a blank hole in my wall of two inches in width and eight inches in height. Any way I can alleviate that? What would happen if just nailed down another peice of wood on there?

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
If the edges of the cutout are straight and flat you could glue and clamp pieces to make up the difference. Turn the new amp sideways and there is only 1.8" difference in the size. If this is your Avalanche sub why are you changing amps?

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
The 500 watt Bash Amp from Parts Express have a +5 Bass boost at 35hz, meaning all the sound below 35hz is decreased by 5db!!!!! THE HEART AND SOUL OF A HT SUB!!! (I called to confirm, and when I asked the guy yelled at me and said I had to be insane to want 5 more db at 20hz - and that i'd blow the sub up, whatev).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks