What's new

American Life Network (1 Viewer)

pariste74656

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
Has some very good reruns, most every night of the week.

Sunday will be Hill Street Blues, St, Elsewhere, and L.A. Law, all in primetime.

Monday is Mission Impossible, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart, WKRP, Bob Newhart

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
For some reason when Comcast took over our former Insight cable system they dropped this channel. I do miss the Monday night lineup, but didn't watch the channel as much after they cancelled China Beach.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Where is American Life TV at with "Newhart"? Time Warner Cable will be adding a host of new channels this fall (hello HD programming!), but dropping WGN America.

Too late to watch "Homefront" and "China Beach", but it is good to know I can still watch re-runs of "Newhart" (if Fox stalls or edits future seasons).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
A cable system actually dropping WGN! That would be unthinkable here in Cubs/White Sox/Bulls/Black Hawks country. Are there any people on your cable system upset about this?

LCD22

Screenwriter

I don't know. I'm going to call them today, but it was quite a surprise to see in the mail yesterday that WGN America was listed among only a very few channels being dropped. And even more surprising is that they're adding American Life.

I also watch "Corner Gas" on this station (and on CTV but my Canadian affiliates are safe), so I'm not happy about this latest development.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Did Time Warner recently take over your cable system from another company? A couple years ago when Time Warner took over for Adelphia here, they dropped (at the time) Superstation WGN almost immediately, because Time Warner doesn't have a carriage agreement for the channel. So they can't carry it on their systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks