What's new

American Juniors (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
The more i hear Danielle White sing, I realize she's got talent that far exceeds what this little group of American Juniors exhibits. I know I'm not the only member here who understands what perfect pitch is. A vocalist with this talent, especially at her age, is an incredible asset. I predict she will be signed within two years to a major label.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess "America" isn't tone deaf as Danielle gets the most votes and moves on to being in the group.

While I'm glad Danielle made the group, I don't know if she really meshes well with the rest of the group.

The more I looked at the rest of group, I think Chauncey was the fluke, and will need to grew in stature, else he looks like a flyweight in a group with 4 girls. And he doesn't do well in the dance department either.

I think A.J. probably had the best stage presence of the remaining contestants, and looked the best with the 4 in the group already.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I've been pulling for Danielle since the first episode, so I'm happy she made the group. What was sad last night was to see the kids that didn't make the group, that were actually better singers than a couple that did make it early on. I agree with you Patrick, AJ would have been a better pick than Chauncey. One thing's for sure,all of these kids now have the opportunity to go on to bigger and better things as long as they stay focused on music. By watching the first trailers for this series, I thought this show was going to have a bunch of drama thrown in with the parents getting into it along the way.I was glad it didn't go in that direction and remained focused on the kids and the competition. All in all, I thought it was a sucessful series and will watch it again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I felt bad when the 3 didn't make it to the final three, and the tears just flowed out of them. These are still just kids with very big dreams.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that I hope this group folds quickly. It's like KidSongs meets NSync with extra syrup. Godawful "music". It doesn't matter if they're just kids. There is no excuse for having anyone do pap like that

What I get for being bored and not wanting to watch the "nova" on meningitis AGAIN

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Patrick, I felt the same way too. When Jordan McCoy was told she didn't make it, she looked the most upset of the bunch. It must be heartbreaking to be a kid and get dumped on national television. Chauncy also broke down to tears when A.J. got the boot. That was his last chance to have another male in the group. At his age, being grouped with 4 girls must not be a good thing. If he was 5 years older(and the girls were too) he might feel differently.

Marc.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I just hope, if American Idol is still running, that Chantel will tryout at age 16. She's not that far from being 16 (I believe she's 12-13?). She has a voice, and she's more of a soloist than a group type. I can't wait for what the future will bring.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dunno about Chantel (I can't really get into her voice - too much upper register, not enough low end), and if I had to watch her dad's face well up with tears on a weekly basis...

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The group seemed horribly mismatched when performing together. Lucy Hale is a much better singer than the rest and also considerably taller. Plus, they always dress her sexy compared to the rest. (She's the only one old enough they can get away with it.) And havign one boy and four girls doesn't really work well in an all vocal group. I agree the music is rather lackluster. Next time, they'll design the show to build a group instead of sticking five decent soloist together with little concern given to hw well they go together.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I wasn't exactly sure if the public made the final decision on who actually got picked for the group or if the final decision was made by the show's judges or producer. I have to say with the 2 sisters getting picked early on , it looks more like the preteenage female public made that decision . And yes, A.J. would have been a much better male pick than Chauncey.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The final pick was made by the phone vote. The reason AJ didn't get picked is he didn't sing very well until the last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks