What's new

American Juniors (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Can't...resist...

Anybody going to watch this tonight? It airs at 8/7pm, which is in about a minute for east coast folks.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"I'm not a stage mom." Yeah, right...

I got sick of it after the first half and switched over to the AFI special.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
It was terrible, something very sad watching the parents and these kids try to please. I tivo'd through it very quickly and will likely not watch again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
AIEEE! Gotta file this in the "what were they thinking" category of TV programming. And yet, if I get around to it, I'll watch it under low low priority on my Replay TV if nothing is is left to watch.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I wanted to tape this show the other night but, I forgot to enter it into the vcr. I wanted to compare it to a similar show that was recently on Friday nights on NBC. Yes, these shows are best taped so you can fast forward through alot of the commercials and filler. That show had so many different age and talent catagories, I found it kinda tough to say which of the kids should have advanced each week towards the finales. Some of the kids who were pretty good for their age didn't advance, so I have a feeling this new show is going to be similar.The previews on it looked like there were some drama thrown in though.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think the problem was laregly that all the judges are singers. We need producers and such. Peopel who are used to criticizing.

The horrible parents seem to have been eliminated.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Dan, you're right, I didn't see any of the drame from the parents like the first show. I was really impressed with one of the girls last night. I think the judges gave her a standing ovation!!

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Ok, the first 4 were obvious, but come on how in the world did Chauncy
get through? If that wasn't bad enough, they got the highest amount of votes. I just don't get it. Sometimes America makes me wonder. I figured on AJ
due to the little girls swooning and voting, the other three were the most talented of the night, but that last one....

Chris

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Chauncy got through on dancing, I think. He's got a great persoanlity and can dance, but can't sing well ewnough to make it far.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They should run "Child Abuse" specials after this show so other parents will know what NOT to do with their kids. :D

Those who can't DO, live vicariously through their kids.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's batch of contestants wasn't as good as last weeks and Gladys Knight continues to be the only judge who says much that's useful, but Tori Thompson was a real stand-out. I'll be very surprised if she isn't in the final group.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Tori was amazingly good for a 9 year old (or a 13 year old for that matter!) I think they said in an earlier show that she had some beauty pagent experience.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tori has probably got the total package (this stage of the game) w/r/t voice/dance/stage presence. Her sister Taylor isn't as gifted in any of those 3 areas.

I had the same reaction to Lucy that Nick Carter did, Lucy can "sang".

Chantel is a little one note-ish, but she's plenty strong in that area.

I wasn't crazy about the Jordan pick, nor the Taylor pick.

But the bottom 5 weren't that great either.

Quinton needs to sing at a higher key (that's where he really excelled in last night's song, as he sounded like he was getting out of breath on the sustained lower notes).

So we have 3 boys, and 7 girls. I'll go with only 2 of the boys making it (but it might be only 1, that being either A.J. or Morgan). The 3-4 girls will most likely be Tori, Lucy, Katelyn, Chantel (but I would not be surprised if Taylor got the sympathy vote, and Danielle would need to really prove herself to take a spot from one of the top 4 girls, and Jordan is a mystery to me in terms of how people feel about her over the other contestants).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I can't see A.J. not making the group. He could very well be the onyl boy, though. The horrors of puberty make it hard to find good male singers that age.

Jodee

Screenwriter
What I want to know is, when did Debbie Gibson acquire that lisp?

I was sad that Leif Garret aka Canyon Grove did not make it through. He was cute.

In fact, I was also surprised that the kid last week that did the Police song also did not make it. Although he was not the greatest singer, he had oodles of personality and I would think he would be very popular with young girls.

The fact that it has been mostly been girls who have been voted through makes me wonder who exactly is watching this show and voting? Since it's not teeny-boppers, maybe it is horny older guys.

It seems like the more "mature" looking girls are getting through. That Lucy chick looks almost exactly like a younger Katie Holmes.

I'm not sure I will continue watching. The show is only barely watchable and the kids getting voted through I don't think will make a very well-rounded singing group. As it stands now, the singing group is going to consist of mainly girl diva-types, with maybe a token boy who can dance thrown in.

I think people must be voting based on American Idol style solo appeal and not really on how these kids will fit into a group together. I think the resulting group is going to just be a mis-matched hodpodge of hammy kids fighting for the center stage.

They would be better off to have America decide the semi-finalists first and then have the judges assemble the group from the chosen finalists.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Well, now that my chosen has not gone through, I will stop watching this for something else. Waiting for American Idol 3 to start next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks