What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As others have already noted, DA has been doing just fine in his post-show interviews. He's like a completely different person. Must have been nerves while in front of a huge crowd.

He's not a champion orator, but what 17 year old is? He sounds like a normal teenager to me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know. I haven't really watched the show. It was just listed in the "on tonight" section of the paper.

Edit: It's episode 12 from March 29. It says the Idols are "red carpet interviewed," or some such. Not too exciting.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
There have been many 17 year olds that have appeared on AI that have been able to express themselves clearly. I will agree that David A could have been distracted by the crowd, but it seems odd to me that he could sing well enough....

Vivan Ward

Auditioning
Real Name
Vivian
I COMPLETELY agree on the change in DA. I have been wholeheartedly incorrect! :) I mentioned that to my husband too as we started to watch the Larry King interview Friday - sadly, he doesn't agree. He says he is still a "young 17" and says "amazing" a lot but I still think he's really come out of his shell. The pressure is off and it shows I guess! So I have seen a change too and if we are mentioning "class acts" with DA really giving Cook credit I feel the same about DC giving "kudos" to DA. They have been very gracious with one another and, well, it impresses me.

As for the GH ad, Greg, rewatching DC in his underwear comment was hilarious! :)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
The measure of the success of pop music is how it sells, not the quality. It's often said that the fact that McDonald's sells more than anybody else doesn't mean a McDonald's hamburger is better than Filet Mignon, but it's not an accurate comparison for a number of reasons. For one thing, McDonald's is much cheaper than Filet Mignon, which is a major factor in why it sells more (convenience being another). In this case, it costs pretty much the same to listen to David Archuletta as it doesn't to listen to anyone else, so the deciding factor is that people want to hear David Archuletta's song. This probably comes as no surprise to music business pros who followed the show. He has that demo of fans. It doesn't mean he has the 2nd best song out right now. It just means he has the 2nd most popular, because there are a lot of folks (youngsters? girls?) want them some Davvy.

The trades have to report this stuff, but a discerning listener need not pay it any attention. That said, I still like Archuletta's Imagine. They used it on So You Think You Can Dance, and it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks