What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I didn't watch that other show she was on, is that what they called her lol?

That last kid who came in last, sheesh, what to say about him? In his case they should have broke out the huge cane and yanked him by the neck out the door.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Patrick, I'm truly amazed you continue to watch this show (at least in the early rounds). There are shows on TV that I don't enjoy, so I don't watch them.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I'm truly amazed you continue to watch this show (at least in the early rounds)

Agreed, but every year we hear a bunch of complaints from people who don't like the audition rounds and are apparently unable to avoid watching them.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

I believe he is making a "willy wonka" reference based on her attitude of entitlement and shocked to learn she wasn't that good. The wife and I actually thought she had more talent shown in her 12 year old flashback then her 16 year old audition.

The burping girl was entertaining, too. I actually thought they were going to say yes to her, but when they said no and her amazement based on everything else she has won made for a few moments of entertainment.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The girl from American Juniors, when they showed here at 12, she literally made me want to throw up. She looked like a little girl acting all grown up, going through rehearsed, choreographed motions and not having the first clue what she's singing about, just like the little girls from the Beauty Pageants. I'm so glad they said goodbye to her. I wouldn't have been able to take her on a weekly basis.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, a Willy Wonka reference. I thought of Veruca when she angrily slipped her mother's arm off of her shoulder.

I don't know why these girls insist on doing Janis Joplin. What Joplin did worked for her and her alone. For everyone else, it's How Not To Sing 101. And, to be honest, I don't even like it when Joplin does it, but I'll defer to critical opinion on that one. But, it's just not winning auditions.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont get the criticism of the early audition rounds.
isnt this show just a bunch of fluff anyway.
why is all the rest of the rounds taken so seriously, and why do those who dont like the early rounds feel like their being insulted by it.
the entire show is ridiculous, not just the auditions.

I know why those who don't like the auditions watch, they want to see glimpses of the people who have a chance to make it to the final rounds.

i like the early rounds because they are funny.

i watch the rest just for curiosity, and my wife wants to see it.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Exactly: Joplin was one-of-a-kind. It was pretty obvious Julie had at best a typical pop-star's type of voice, and had she stuck with something 'safe', she might have squeaked by. And as noted, her performances in AJ as a 12-yr-old were better than at the audition. Having said that, especially with her post-rejection tantrum, better that she was dumped now than having to endure more of her self-aggrandizement. At least the 'meat-packer' took it with a little more grace.

Ramiele: it was curious to see that tiny slip of girl have such a huge voice! With Shynna Mercado it wasn't so surprising (relatively tall I think, if slim), but where does Ramiele pack those lungs? Not sure what it is, but Filipinos just seem so musically talented (although I guess some might disagree, in relation to the 'bird man'... :D )

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Simon says it is a singing competition, but the early stages show us people not fit to be in a singing competition. I take the rest of the rounds "seriously" because it isn't just fluff to me. I watch the show to hear and see performances I enjoy. I didn't watch AI for the first few years because I thought of it as just fluff, but slowly, I started being exposed (via YouTube, etc.) to performances I actually liked. I finally watched one year and since then, I've come across people I genuinely enjoy (Melinda from last year). I'm not sure what "taking it serious" means, but folks like me watch it for the same reason we watch a good movie, a good sporting event, or any other form of entertainment -- to see it done well.

RickGr

Second Unit
I really liked the biker nurse. She can really sing and hopefully will be a good alternative from the Whitney/Mira clones that many of the females end up being.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I actually liked most of the Atlanta audition episode. Not really sure if the last guy warranted a golden ticket, but his story will make for good camera fodder as they follow his drive from the ATL to Hollywood in his home/car. :)

Can't wait for Rock Nurse on Motown night. Heh.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i didnt like that last guy.
he was creepy and the fake accent just bugs the heck outta me.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I don't think he knew he was doing a british accent when he sang, he was just unconsciously adopting the 'phrasing' styling of the singers he liked most, not realizing it was a british thing.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My heart broke for that last kid, he couldn't sing worth a lick but it was still the saddest story i've heard in some time. And, despite what he said, he IS homeless, a car isn't a home.

I didn't care for that beauty pageant girl from Florida, either, she struck me as very Marcia Brady with all the hair brushing, I betcha she even counts the strokes, too.

That kid with the long dark hair and the lame comebacks was just a thundering asshole lol.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to put some HD material on last night and ended up being suckered into Idol. I don't think I had ever watched an ep from start to finish before. It was a fucking riot :D. Where do they find these people?!

--
H

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
They don't have to find them; they show up.

Thought they were going to let people audition with instruments this year. What happened?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Yeah, I loved him criticizing Simon for using canned putdowns by using canned putdowns. Dude needs to learn that to be funny, you have to abandon a "witty" line when it bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks