What's new

American Idol - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm already getting the "shakes"...what the hell am I gonna do for an hour tonight? And I am not looking forward to PAIHYWS (Post-American Idol Hanson Yoo Withdrawal Syndrome).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
You know, I had a real jolt of reality this weekend. I had been sending my blogs to my cousin's daughter, who is 17. They had been going to an old address, so she just read the messages this week and checked out the blog. She told me it was "stupid" and really "nerdy" and "loserish". I guess being that obsessive about anything at that age (eg, D&D, Video Games, etc) is tres uncool. There is also the possibility it is painfully accurate.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Saved by Entertainment Weekly! I just got my cover-to-cover AI special issue to help pass the time tonight! BTW, they weren't terribly impressed with Bette in the finale either...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
From the new issue of Billboard:
Jordin debuts on the Hot 100 at #15 (by far the lowest debuting song by an AI winner; Kelly debuted at #52, but that was due to street date violation sales-she hit #1 the next week); Blake debuts at #18 with "You Give Love..."

Maybe, just MAYBE, they will come up with a decent winning song after seeing how a cover version nearly beat the winner.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No, all the other winners debuted at #1 in their first official week of sales.

I can't believe it's out already. I thought it always took a month or so for the single to be out.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
oh, i was just going by what was listed in that post.
highest there was 18.

never mind then.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the confusion, TonyD. I believe every previous winning contestant's did debut at #1 (except Kelly Clarkson's and that was due to the street-date violations). I was trying to illustrate that the Jordin's initial release was A) a flop compared to previous winners, and B) Blake's cover was pretty damn close to beating it.

Malcolm R: You are correct. Usually it DOES take several weeks to release it, but since it was released via iTunes and did not have to be physically pressed and shipped, in theory it could have been available online within an hour after the winner was named.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
At the time the iTunes EP's were made available neither Jordin nor Blake had their contracts finalized. According to today's (6/1/07) Billboard.com a physical CD release seems likely in the near future.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I know most folks here can't see Canadian Idol, but I came across a performance that I thought I'd share for those of you with broadband and computers that can play it. It's about 17MB. I've never had any real interest in seeing Canadian Idol (CI), but it seems very similar to AI, and I'm always on the lookout for performances that I enjoy, no matter where they originate.

Dwight D'Eon - Kiss From A Rose (Canadian Idol #5x01).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't that a required element in the career rise of any young diva, the vocal cord health scare? They all seem to recover to be perfectly fine (or at least, as fine as they were in the first place).

I think it's as much for the press as anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks