What's new

American Idol - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Final DialIdol results:

Taylor: 45.583
Kat: 37.097

Taylor ahead by 8.5% more than enough to cover Kat's normal 3.5-4% bump from text votes.

Sean*O

Second Unit
So much 'dislike' for Kat everywhere you look. People can get downright nasty for what reasons I can't understand. People blame her for Chris and Elliott being voted off, but never blame Taylor. They say she is a stuck up 'rich girl' with an attitude, but she was in tears just to be accepted at her audition. It doesn't fit. People hate her for no real reasons.

It's too bad, but it looks like Taylor will win. I guess if you get up there and shake n' strut a'la Rick Flair, people will admire you more than if you have a truly great singing voice.. which Kat has. Every single music industry person who has been involved with her has made that same observation.

They will get that girl in the studio and do something great. They will get Taylor in the studio and be unable to capture his physical performance to tape. Taylor is cool, but his strength is as more of a live performer than a recording artist.

It's too bad more people can't see the potential in voices like Kat and Chris, or rather, value that potential more than some siezures and a few "Whooooo's!"

danak

Second Unit
Ryan Seacrest interviewed Katharine on his radio show last night (http://ryan.kiisfm.com/hearitagain.html). A couple of tidbits:
- She had a cortizone shot last night because of allergies, as she's been having major allergy problems these last few weeks. She was having voice problems in dress rehearsal. However, it wasn't clear if the shot was for the allergies or strained vocal chords. She was singing "My Destiny" last night at a half a step lower than when she recorded it. She thinks it's a good song but her voice wasn't all there. Some posters in other places have commented that she looked like she had been crying that day and looked a little dazed before her last number.
- She's totally at peace with whatever is going to happen tonight

Ryan also interviewed Taylor this morning (see link above). Some tidbits:
- Tonight will have lots of great performances and artists
- The reveal for the title will be special. My speculation is that last year's winner Carrie Underwood will read the winner.

Carrie Underwood won 2 awards at the CMA Awards last night, for single of the year ("Jesus Takes the Wheel") and top new female vocalist. She had been nominated for 4 awards.

I've seen ratings numbers that indicate AI totally blew away the competition last night (including the CMA Awards). I haven't seen anything official yet though.

ET Online reported that Katharine said there's a big surprise tonight that only she and Taylor (of all the contestants) know about. She indicated that it was pretty big and something that's never happened on the show before. I've seen majors rumors that indicate that all the Final 2 contestants from previous seasons will be performing with Kat and Taylor.
Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe also hinted on Ryan's radio show that there would be some major surprises tonight

Some additional purported performances for tonight:

- Taylor will be performing "In the Ghetto" with Toni Braxton according to a print interview with Taylor's dad.
- Taylor and Katharine are reportedly singing "Time of Your Life"
- Fox News has reportedly said that a huge, huge female recording star will make an appearance tonight. There are rumors that it's Celine Dion.

There are rumors that all 4 of the Top 4 duets tonight will be released as singles for purchase. I've also heard major rumors that Kat and Taylor already have some endorsement deals, like something with Coca-Cola for Kat.

Dana

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why people dislike Kat either. More so, I really don't understand what her families income has to do with anything. Is that why people vote for Taylor, because he's a bum from Alabama, or because he entertains them and they enjoyed watching him all season. I hope it's the later.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
See above. She's nothing special. She's cut from the same mold as so many other "recording artists"...and she's boring as all hell.

--------

If indeed Taylor wins, it might further inspire AI to think outside the box a bit and realize that an "Idol" doesn't have to be a one-dimensional prop singing only pre-packaged pap. Why can't an "American Idol" be holding a guitar or have a rock band standing behind him/her? Why can't an "American Idol" have some edge and some uniqueness instead of being a clone? Does everyone have to sound like Celine Dion or croon ballads constantly?

I've decided to root for Taylor after all. May he give AI a shot in the arm and make it a more interesting show in future.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kat brought out the pups tonight for her duet with Meatloaf. Let's just be grateful that Meatloaf did not display his moobs in his performance with Kat.

BobV

Second Unit
That duet with Meatloaf was absolutely incredibly horrible. It was embarassed watching Meatloaf sing. Agonizing. Katherine was the only saving grace, she was great, and at least brought the song back into key when she sang. Who was the moron who thought of sticking them together?

Am I crazy or was Paris totally lipsyncing her entire duet?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Taylor's the man!

Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!
Soul Patrol!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Not undeserved - I was cheering him from day one. Nice finish, but I was hoping no one's hair caught on fire :D.
Surprisingly, the two hours flew by. Loved the return of the cowboy trio...

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I thought the shot of the kids in Taylor's home town with their hair dyed gray was pretty funny.

Prince was awesome as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks