What's new

American Idol - Season 5 (2 Viewers)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

That would be from one of the now world-famous Brittenum twins (LOL.. a twin that won't work in a group?) Thanks to their criminal records, they won't have to worry about it for long.

danak

Second Unit
Could those Brittenum twins be any more jerks? And the second one who sang was way too over the top and theatrical. I'm so glad they are in the pokey now and can't cheese up the competition any more

I thought Lisa Turner was even better than I remember from her audition. Paris was great of course, as were a few others that I mentioned liking in the city auditions. Katherine McPhee comes across as very easy-going when she sings. I really like her personality. Wow especially on Ace Young

Dana in MD

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That would be Lisa Tucker (just so we don't confuse people).

Those bitter twins...I think Fox is truly setting them up for the fall they suffered recently.

Still can't believe cowboy got passed on to the next round.

It was cruel the way the overconfident guys in the backrow got the boot.

Still not feeling it for Katherine McPhee, just does too much when she sings. I don't get that tingle/shiver when I do for those I really enjoy singing.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
My favorite performance of the night may have been Bret Young. I felt deprived that I didn't get to hear his complete rendition of "If I Ever Fall in Love". He really nailed it.

I love A cappella performances when the singer can pull it off. If I hear someone sing "It's alright" A cappella, I'm either going to like it or not depending on what they do. Sometimes with music, the music helps me enjoy the performance more than the vocal performance warrants.

I was disappointed in the behavior of the Brittenum twins.

I enjoyed Patrick Hall from AR. There were times he got so quiet that he was drowned out by the music to my hearing, but I still enjoyed the overall performance enough for him to go on.

Simon say of Kelly Pickler that her timing was all over the place, but he chalks it up to nerves. Of course. She's his Carrie Underwood of this year.

I was disappointed that Jeffrey Baysden was sent home so early. I like his voice and he has good presence. I thought he'd do well in the competition once his fans got going.

Lisa Tucker didn't do anything for me, but I'm glad she made it through to the next round. I want her in the Top 24.

We're into my favorite parts of the show now.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Taylor Hicks is my horse for this ride. Not only do I like hearing him sing but I like watching him sing too. He's even winning over Simon. I remember in the auditions that Simon didn't want him because of the gray hair but he had a big smile in Hollywood.

I don't care what a person looks like as long as they sound good on the radio. However American Idol is aimed at the teeny bopper crowd so I doubt if America will vote him to be the winner. If he makes an album because of this then I'm gonna have to check it out.:emoji_thumbsup:

danak

Second Unit
Did anyone else think there was something really odd about the performances of "If I Ever Fall in Love" that "Ladies Man" RJ and the bald Air Force guy did? They were shown early on and got cut. It seemed like they and the background singers were on completely different pages, like each side was singing a different song, making for really weird performances. Maybe that's why they got cut.

Dana in MD

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how weird the performance was but I expected bald Air Force Guy (Steven David) to stick around longer based on his initial audition.

Like I said earlier, I find it interesting that some people can do a bad job performing and have Simon say, it wasn't good but we keep you anyway, and others can be off a little and get canned. I'd be tempted to say that the ones that get canned easily must be the ones they didn't like much anyway. For instance, the guy who jumps all around never should have been there to begin with.

I don't see Taylor Hicks going very far at all once the voting starts if he doesn't do something about his look. Going on American Idol with that look is almost as bad as going on American Idol without singing talent. Sure you want people to be who they are, but you need to make some minor concessions to the reality of the business. Old doesn't sell in pop.

So, should I prepare myself for American Idol Kelly Pickler? How boring.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I cheat on the names. I have the episodes recorded and I make personal digital captures sometimes of the performances I like. I still have Anwar doing Moon River and What a Wonderful World from last season. I didn't really pay attention last year (my first years) during the initial stages as I didn't really understand the show. This year I'm a little more versed, so I'm trying to pick out the people I like from the people we've seen. I'm also trying to pick out who I think might win, which isn't the same thing.

Lisa Tucker reminds me of someone like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera who has been at this for awhile even though she's young.

I like Paris Bennett (Sounds of Blackness family), but I don't see her being the next American Idol. Also, it seems that her voice cracks. That might just be my hearing, though. Whatever the case, I'm hoping she sticks around for awhile just so I can see some performances. For me, it's all about the performances. She seemed SO at home singing with the backup singers. I couldn't help but think how many times she's done that before given her family and religious (choir) background. In some ways, it was like watching a pro.

I haven't noticed a "rocker" this year. I'm really missing Bo Bice right about now.

I was never much into Constantine last year, but I'd say that Bret Young is in the running for his "smoldering" crown. I want to hear him sing a bit more, and I hated that they cut him and showed almost all of the weird guy who jumped from the stage. In the bit they showed, you could see how much the judges and audience reacted to his performance.

I make no predictions until we've seen the final 24 perform at least once.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

I wouldn't count on that. Between Lisa Taylor and Paris, there's no way Pickler is going to win, especially since -- wait for it -- she's just not that good. I mean, the judges may push her into the group of 24, but America is not going to make someone the American Idol just because they have a tough life, especially someone with orange skin who acts like life owes her this. I don't know why the midget cowboy got through. I don't even know why he got to Hollywood.

BTW, that young kid with the glasses, the one who looks twelve? We call him Chicken Little.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

I am a little confused.

From everything that I read, the law caught up
with the twins and they weren't supposed to make
it to Hollywood.

...or am I confusing these twins with someone else?

Also...

My favorite two singers are the "cowboy" kid (who
really, wasn't that good in this week's show) and
the salt-and-pepper haired guy that reminds everyone
of Joe Cocker. Both may not excel in talent, but
I think they have really captured the hearts of the
viewers (and judges). Let's see how long both last.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
She said, essentially (I can get the quote later), I should be the American Idol because I've had a hard life.

Shouldn't it be because you have talent? I feel like she brings up her backstory at every turn, although to be fair, it may be the producers making it look that way. But that kind of pandering only gets you so far in Idol.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

The charges didn't occur until after all the Hollywood rounds were taped; but they're not going to be in the top 24.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

That's a lot different than saying life owes her something. I think you're being a little harsh on her and the way these backstories play out to me, it looks like the AI producers are pulling the strings.

Crawdaddy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

It's a real shame.

I really liked the Brittenum twins. They were
very colorful -- real characters -- and they sang
very well (as long as the songs weren't picked out
for them).

I'm going to miss them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't stand the Bitter Twins, they were nasty contestants in the way they carried themselves throughout the audition process. I doubt if "humble" was in their personal dictionaries. To quote Earl, "Karma is a bitch."

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

That's Chris Daugherty. I think he has more of a rocker voice than Bo did but on the overall best male I've heard I have to give it to Taylor Hicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks