What's new

American Idol Season 4 (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Just so you all know...

Someone I know went down to the Season 2 auditions and stood in line for 6 hours waiting to be seen. The show only let in the first 1500 people, but they had crew walking through the crowd asking if anyone wanted to make a quick buck. They asked people to basically make fools of themselves for the camera.

She didn't get a bracelet for a legit audition, but she was approached to sing badly and was offered $100 to do it. She was so upset because they gave atleast 50 people money to go in and sing bad leaving all the "real" singers out in the cold.

Her friend got through early (original 1500) because she got there earlier in the day and they have 4 screening sections that you have to get through before you even hit the judges area.

Her friend didn't make it to the third screening area and when she met up with her friend later, they were both so upset that they gave spots away to the "bad" singers that all those good singers could have had.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even make it past the national anthem. I think that means I just don't have a high tolerance for bad singing. Not that I don't mind seeing a good trainwreck from time to time but there is something about it being a trainwreck involving bad singing that just makes me want to yell at my TV and change the channel.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I think the lesson that AI teaches us all is to make sure we surround ourselves with family and friend who care enough to tell us the truth. I am amazed at how many of these folks say, "Well, my friends say..." or "My family thinks I can sing.." Amazing!

AI looked and sounded great in HD and DD 5.1. I didn't have HD for the finale show last season, but I do now.

Gonna be a fun season.

Peace,

DM

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Even though Scary Mary has the been the talk around my house for the better part of this week, I can only hope she doesn't end up like William Hung. This girl has some serious mental problems.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
There is only ONE William Hung! No one can replace him:)

The best comment i heard all week was "But God put me here on earth to sing! What can you say bad about that?"

Simon replies, "God does not want you to win this competition."

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I have to say, Gene Simmons was a horrible guest judge. His overeagerness to judge the contestants not on talent or ability, but rather on the song they chose to sing was stupid.

Gene, this is not a song selection contest, it is a singing contest.

On the other hand, I can't wait for Kenny Loggins tomorrow night. I hope someone dares to sing "Danger Zone" :D

Chris

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I was a bit disappointed with Gene too. He's a very smart guy and definitely knows the business, but as far as judging pop singers, I don't think he was a wise choice. He didn't add too much to the show and he didn't like anyone, it seemed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually "I'm Alright" would be a funny song to sing for Kenny and see his reaction if it's being butchered.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I was really looking forward to seeing Gene do this. He's a no-BS type of guy, and very smart.

It was disappointing as hell. I almost tuned out half-way through.

I'm growing REALLY tired of Paula and Simon bickering. Although it was total BS what they put that last set of twins through. And what they hell was with that "Can You Dig It?" idiot? Jeez! Between him, the twins BS and the bickering, I really didn't enjoy it much at all. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Three signs you've lost interest in the show:

- You set your PVR to record it, but not in "Guaranteed" mode
- You subscribe to this thread but just wind up deleting the emails without reading them
- You post in the thread, but only to say you're unsubscribing

:)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Yeah I gave up as well. The auditions aren't even worth the time like they were the first year.

*it's amazing how many shows I have given up on*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks