What's new

American Idol - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian

I don't agree. This year's runner up to win the whole thing, was only 16. Like it or not the show is geared toward teeny-boppers and I am sure that having younger singers on the show, helps in the ratings. It's not about finding the best talent, It's about getting as many people as possible to tune into the show and raise the dollar value of the advertising time.

The main thing AI needs is some tighter production, last year there where too many episodes that seemed to drag on about 15 minutes too long because of empty filler.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Matthew Metzger from the top 32 is now a regular on ABC's soap opera, "One Life to Live." He started yesterday, and his character's name is Duke Buchanan. I've seen everything he's done so far on the show, and his acting isn't that great, but it's isn't abysmal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, substitute teacher to daytime soap opera actor? Thanks, American Idol!
smile.gif

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've seen everything Matt's done so far. As a mean guy, he doesn't act very well. But, as a nice guy, his acting is just fine.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yes, because he can sing, but he has a certain genre of music he should stick to (which he does in his album), just like everyone else.

Evan M

Second Unit
Yeah, I guess he did have a good voice in his limited (VERY LIMITED) genre. I'll admit that. He just always annoyed the crap out of me, and I couldn't believe he stayed in as long as he did.

Guess it's just not my style. :) Oh well, props to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks